On-Call IT Technician
Wilmington , DE 19801
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Upwork has partnered with a large Enterprise client who is a leader in managed IT services, IT consulting, strategy and disruptive innovation and they are currently looking for a skilled 24- hour, on-call IT Technician for their Wilmington, DE office.
What you'll do:
- Working facilitated migrations, workstation support, and project work in a Tech Support I capacity.
- Support general desktop work
- Configuring and installing various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS).
- Performing network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations on Windows machines.
- Monitoring network engineering performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
What you need to have:
- Experience working as a IT Technician or roles in similar capacity.
- Stellar Windows OS general and admin experience
- You must be available to operate on a 24 hour on-call support and drive to the client's Wilmington, DE office.
- Prior experience working with commercial-grade equipment.
- Experience with router and switch administration
- Experience in Network Maintenance
Why you should apply:
- Competitive pay; please provide your preferred rate, and preferred after hours rate.
- Work with a leader in managed IT services.
- Increased pay after hours (after 5-6PM)
- The ability to charge from the moment you begin your travels to the client's office, to the time you reach home.
- An ongoing contract position