VIEW JOBS4/3/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-07-02T00:00<p><strong>Requirements</strong></p><p><strong>About the Opportunity</strong></p> <p>We’re looking for an Account Executive with a zeal to win, a kind heart, an unwavering team spirit, a positive attitude and a great sense of humor to join our rapidly growing team. The Account Executive will be charged with driving revenue and account growth and building ClearGov’s presence within our target market. The successful candidate will take ownership of building direct customer relationships that maximize revenue opportunities throughout his/her territory of accounts. You will be a key player on an incredible team as we execute our mission to help local governments become more efficient.</p> <p><strong>Key Responsibilities include:</strong></p> <ul> <li>Initiates and develops high-level relationships within municipal governments and school districts. The key responsibility of this role is new customer acquisition.</li> <li>Attains assigned revenue goal by initiating outbound cold calls and following up on Marketing qualified leads to prospects to sell ClearGov products.</li> <li>Effectively covers territory utilizing a solution-oriented selling approach.</li> <li>Builds and maintains a revenue pipeline that ensures meeting or exceeding quota on a consistent basis</li> <li>Qualifies prospects through discovery using a value-based selling system such as SPIN.</li> <li>Effectively uses online and other resources to better understand the prospect’s projects and town priorities.</li> <li>Performs compelling demos of the ClearGov platform.</li> <li>Maximizes opportunities with cross sales to ensure customers have all ClearGov products.</li> <li>Forecasts month and quarter sales to within 10% of actual results.</li> <li>Maintains all essential self-study programs to ensure understanding of ClearGov products, municipal governments and related industry trends.</li> <li>Maintains intelligence on competition, understands competitors’ strengths and weaknesses and is able to effectively articulate ClearGov’s competitive advantage.</li> </ul> <p></p> <p><strong>Critical Skills:</strong></p> <ul> <li>2+ years of SaaS/software selling experience.</li> <li>Direct experience in selling to government entities a PLUS. </li> <li>Consistent track record of achieving or exceeding sales targets.</li> <li>Ability to accurately project and manage a pipeline.</li> <li>Salesforce.com (or other CRM), Microsoft Office experience required.</li> </ul> <ul><li>Proven ability to influence via indirect authority.</li></ul> <p><strong>The Ideal Candidate:</strong></p> <ul> <li>Strong sales and presentation skills – a true closer!</li> <li>Self-motivated, self-starter – an entrepreneurial spirit.</li> <li>Great communicator (internally and externally).</li> <li>Hands on problem solver that enjoys cracking difficult nuts.</li> <li>Quick study – able to pick up and apply new concepts in a hurry.</li> <li>Track record of achievement.</li> <li>Enjoys working on teams but succeeds even when flying solo.</li> <li>Demonstrates an entrepreneurial spirit and gets stuff done.</li> <li>A sense of humor and doesn’t take him/herself too seriously.</li> </ul><p><strong>Benefits</strong></p><p>Health & Vision Insurance with BlueCross <br></p><p>Dental Insurance with Delta Dental</p><p>Short-Term and Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance with Lincoln Financial</p><p>401K Plan with John Hancock</p><p><br></p><p>Every employee receives stock options<br></p><p><br></p><p>Free Gym Membership </p><p><br></p><p><br></p>Cleargov IncMaynardMA
VIEW JOBS4/17/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-07-16T00:00KinderCare Education is the nation's leader in early childhood education. We nourish curiosity through purposeful experiences to create a future full of lifelong learners. From our National Support Center, to the classrooms where learning comes to life, we're united by a passion to create a world of learning, joy and adventure for more than 161,000 children ages six-weeks through 12 years every day.
Our Teachers bring warmth, patience, and understanding to the classroom every day, encouraging children to learn and grow. They inspire children to be lifelong learners using our nationally recognized curriculum that promotes social, physical, verbal, and cognitive development. Our Teachers are committed to making their center successful and know that creating meaningful relationships with children, families, and their team play a crucial role in that success.
When you join our team as a Teacher you will:
* Implement KCE's curriculum in a way that is consistent with the unique needs of each child
* Create a safe, nurturing environment where children can play and learn.
* Partner and communicate with parents, with a shared desire to provide the best care and education for their children.
* Support your center's success; partner with center staff and leadership to achieve goals around enrollment, accreditation, and engagement.
* Cultivate positive relationships with families, teachers, state licensing authorities, community contacts and corporate partners.
Required Skills and Experience:
* A love for children and a strong desire to make a difference every day.
* Ability to build relationships with families and coworkers and create a dynamic environment where play and learning happens.
* Outstanding customer service skills, strong organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task and manage multiple situations effectively
* Must possess active Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential and meet NAEYC candidacy requirements (or willing to obtain)
* CPR and First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain
* 1 year Early Childhood Education Experience (preferred)
* Must meet state specific guidelines for the role
* Must be physically able to use a computer with basic proficiency, lift a minimum of 40 pounds, and work indoors or outdoors. Must be able to assume postures in low levels to allow physical and visual contact with children, see and hear well enough to keep children safe, and engage in physical activity with children.
* Ability to speak, read, and write English.
The benefits our career professionals enjoy:
In addition to a rewarding career where you help shape children's futures, KinderCare Education provides a competitive compensation package. Benefits include:
* Medical, dental and vision
* Discounted child care
* Generous paid time off
* Education assistance and reimbursement
* Medical expense reimbursement/ Life insurance/Disability benefits/ Health and wellness programs
* 401(k) savings and investment plan with employer match
KinderCare Education employs more than 32,000 team members across 1,700 locations nationwide. Our devoted family of education providers leads the nation in accreditation and includes KinderCare® Learning Centers, KinderCare Education at Work®, Champions® Before- and After-School Programs, Cambridge Schools™, Knowledge Beginnings® and The Grove School®.
KinderCare Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
VIEW JOBS2/6/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-05-07T00:00Overview
Promotes good customer relations through the handling of a wide array of banking transactions. Utilizes knowledge of Bank products and services to proactively assist customers in expanding and deepening their financial relationship with the Bank. Also assists customers with questions and problem resolution, as requested. Performs functions, within scope of authority and expertise, in conformance with established Bank policies, procedures and objectives. Provides the highest level of service and responsiveness to customers and co-workers.
* Assists customers with the acquisition of new products and services while providing consistently high levels of customer service. Opens various accounts and facilitates the resolution of service-related issues and problems.
* Processes a variety of financially related transactions to assist customers. Completes said transactions in an efficient, accurate and professional manner.
* Maintains knowledge of Bank products and services. Utilizes said knowledge to identify and actively pursue needs-based sales opportunities in keeping with established objectives. Also uses said knowledge to effectively refer sales opportunities to other departments.
* Assists customers with the loan application process and processes applications in accordance with prescribed policies and procedures. Conducts loan closings as appropriate.
* Maintains knowledge of Bank products and services sufficient to answer product and service related questions and make proper referrals.
* Balances transactions and cash at the end of the day and participates in branch settlement.
* Ensures that transactions are processed and that proper documentation is completed within established time frames.
* Assist Manager with completion of other duties such as balancing of ATMs and ordering of stock, as requested.
* Represents the Bank by participating in various community activities.
* Actively works with immediate supervisor to meet or exceed assigned personal, sales and service goals.
* Performs all duties in accordance with prescribed security and regulatory guidelines. Complies with all Bank policies including those pertaining to confidentiality, email, and business attire.
* Completes all prescribed training in a timely fashion, as requested.
* Performs related and unrelated duties as may be requested.
* Performs work independently within scope of established guidelines and practices. Consults with Manager where clarification or exception to Bank policy may be required.
* High School diploma or its equivalent.
* At least 1-3 years of teller experience or similar customer service-related position within banking.
* Must possess knowledge of basic math principles and be able to perform basic mathematical procedures.
* Demonstrated customer service, sales, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
* Must possess strong attention to detail.
* Must possess at least intermediate technology skills, including knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
* Must attain designation of Notary Public within 6 months.
* Must be able to work extended and weekend hours. Scheduling and work location flexibility required.
* Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
Middlesex Savings Bank is an EO/AA Employer: Min/Fem/Vet/Disabled
Search Firm Representatives, Please Read Carefully: Middlesex Savings Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms for this or any employment opportunity.
Middlesex Savings BankMaynardMA