VIEW JOBS3/24/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-06-22T00:00Description:
Are you ready to showcase your skills in a highly visible role as the Office Manager for AIR Boston? We are looking for a well–rounded and talented administrative professional willing to take charge of managing all administrative functions of the AIR Boston office. You should have the customer relations skills to provide the highest level of customer service to colleagues. You should enjoy working with people and embody the work ethic and "can do" attitude that will allow you to seamlessly multi-task and follow through on a wide variety of projects. You'll interact with every department within our organization, one of the benefits of being in such a visible role. You should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and be organized and committed to attention to detail.
* Management – manage the 3-person team responsible for all aspects of office administration for Boston offices. The overall team responsibilities include:
* Front desk management, including phones, visitor reception, and shipping
* Wireless device management
* Conference room booking and management
* Procurement of office and kitchen supplies
* Manage relationships with all vendors associated with office management including property managers, building security, cleaners, office supply providers, coffee and water providers, and other vendors as needed
* Budgets and Spending - work with finance team to ensure expenditures are within budget, and continually explore ways to increase efficiency and cut spending.
* Life Safety Emergency Policies and Procedures - work with in-house team serving multiple locations to continually develop and define detailed workplace safety standards and ensure information is properly communicated to all employees.
* Business Continuity Planning – work with team to develop business continuity plan in event of disaster.
* Energy savings – work closely with AIR's parent company, Verisk Analytics, on ongoing enterprise wide initiative to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
* Policy and Procedure Development and Implementation – develop, write, and implement policies and procedures that define corporate administrative functions, and continually revise as necessary.
* 2-3 years supervisory experience
* A positive, can-do attitude with excellent written/verbal communication, superior organizational, follow-up, and multi-tasking skills
* Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information
* Advanced computer and Internet skills including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint skills
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
About AIR Worldwide
AIR Worldwide (AIR) provides risk modeling solutions that make individuals, businesses, and society more resilient to extreme events. In 1987, AIR Worldwide founded the catastrophe modeling industry and today models the risk from natural catastrophes, terrorism, pandemics, casualty catastrophes, and cyber incidents. Insurance, reinsurance, financial, corporate, and government clients rely on AIR's advanced science, software, and consulting services for catastrophe risk management, insurance-linked securities, site-specific engineering analyses, and agricultural risk management. AIR Worldwide, a Verisk (Nasdaq:VRSK) business, is headquartered in Boston, with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. For more information, please visit www.air-worldwide.com.
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers.
Activation Date: Monday, January 7, 2019
Expiration Date: Saturday, March 30, 2019
Apply HereVerisk AnalyticsBostonMA
VIEW JOBS3/21/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-06-19T00:00Appcues is hiring a Part-Time Office Manager to help grow our fast-paced, customer-driven startup. You'll play a crucial part in ensuring the office runs smoothly, as well as helping maintain a great experience for every person that comes through the door - from fellow teammates, to recruits and visitors, to vendors.
You thrive in a fast paced environment where you're constantly juggling many things at once. You love being a part of a team but have no problem rolling up your sleeves to get the job done. Most importantly, you love creating an amazing environment for people to work everyday.
Your typical day might include
* No task is too big or too small for you. Whether it's the day-to-day upkeep of the office, maintaining tidiness to help with productivity, or making sure supplies and lunches are delivered on time
* Managing office vendors, including mail, deliveries, ordering, and stock management for our size and stage of company
* Being the go-to person for anything office-related, including but not limited to maintenance, equipment, requests, and more
* Welcoming all guests upon arrival, ensuring an amazing Appcues experience from start to finish
You'll be a great fit if you...
* Possess a strong attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at once
* Have experience working in an office, preferably in an administrative capacity
* Are a people person through and through and you thrive on bringing positive energy and humor to others
* Have the ability to keep a pulse of the office and anticipate needs and see around corners before anyone else can
* Have an eye for improvement and sweating the details, completing large-scale projects on schedule and on budget
Founded in 2013 in Boston, MA, Appcues is a user experience layer that accelerates growth for companies by helping them create amazing product experiences. Ones that are seamless, stickier, and more intuitive than ever before. With Appcues, any company that is investing in its product can make it more usable and feature-rich for customers.
We're a friendly group of ambitious people who believe the best work environment is one that is meaningful, challenging, and built on openness, autonomy, and collaboration.
Appcues is an equal opportunity employer and believes a diverse team is a stronger team.
VIEW JOBS3/14/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-06-12T00:00Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
We are looking for an Office Manager to join our team! This person will organize and coordinate the general operations of our office to ensure compliance of building policies, efficiency and safety. The Office Manager is responsible for streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control, office staff supervision and task delegation.
Energetic professional who doesn't mind wearing multiple hats. Experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. Well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people!
Duties and responsibilities
* Maintain a safe and secure working environment
* Responsible for organizing, developing and implementing office policies by setting up procedures and standards to guide the operation of the office
* Responsible for promoting activities that enhance operational procedures
* Responsible for ensuring office financial objectives are met
* Partner with HR to maintain office policies as necessary. Oversee adherence to policies and procedues.
* Participate actively in the planning and execution of company events
* Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory
* Manage relationships with vendors, service providers ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time
* Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors and service providers
* Coordinate office staff schedule and workload to ensure maximum efficiency
* Allocate tasks and assignments to subordinates and monitor their performance
* Ensure top performance of office staff by providing them adequate coaching and guidance
* Proven office management experience, 3 years preferred
* Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems and procedures
* Detail oriented and diligent to manage multiple tasks, priorities and projects
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work at all levels of the organization is essential
* Service oriented and operational discipline
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
* Proficient in MS Office and tech savvy
* General knowledge of administrative procedures, HR practices and management principals.
* Key skills: communication, judgement, problem solving, decision making, organization, time management, accuracy, delegation, coaching, initiative, integrity, adaptability, teamwork mindset
* Education: Associates Degree preferred
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.