Westborough Behavioral Healthcare Hospital Westborough , MA 01581
Posted 3 weeks ago
Westborough Behavioral Healthcare Hospital (WBHH) provides psychiatric stabilization diagnosis treatments for Children, Adolescents and Adult populations in both inpatient and outpatient settings. Our goal is to ensure patients and their loved ones feel comfortable and are well informed regarding treatment options.
We are looking for Occupational Therapist to facilitate development and rehabilitation of patients with mental/emotional health as well as developmental/intellectual delays by planning and administering medically prescribed occupational therapy. Organizes and conducts a program of purposeful, goal-directed activities in the treatment of children whose function is impaired by developmental/intellectual disability and/or psychiatric illness. These programs will be geared toward the achievement of optimum/maximal patient functioning, prevention of disability, and maintenance of health and wellness.Specific job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Develop and maintain individualized/group milieu programming
· Facilitate and supervise the implementation of programming
· Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
· Evaluates results of therapy by observing, noting, and evaluating patient's progress; recommending and implementing adjustments and modifications as needed through the treatment team process
· Partners with Director of Specialized Needs Unit for procurement responsibility for obtaining supplies for programming
· Is an integral part of the discharge planning process through consultation of team members and attending patient care conferences
· Training staff in therapeutic goals and staff roles in mileu programming
· Communication with Nurse Manager and unit RN's on patient mileu assignment and staff roles
· Use the initial assessment process to determine the patients' general level of functioning in the areas of self-management, self-care, work/education, leisure/play/social in order to identify appropriate rehabilitation interventions
· Collaborate with the multidisciplinary team to design treatment plans which meet realistic functional goals
· Select and adapt activities based on the patients' cognitive, perceptual, and motor abilities which address performance impairments identified on the screening and/or evaluation and in concert with meeting the patients needs
· Assures continuation of therapeutic plan following discharge by designing and instructing patients, families, and caregivers in home exercise programs; recommending assistive equipment; recommending outpatient or home health follow-up programs.
· Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Eligible employees receive a generous benefits package including holiday premium pay, shift differentials, health, dental and vision coverage, 401(K) plan, health & dependent Flexible Spending accounts, generous paid time off, company paid life, short-term and long-term disability coverage, and an employee referral bonus plan.
Westborough Behavioral Healthcare Hospital