Occupational Therapist I: Physical Therapy
Memorial Healthcare System
Hollywood , FL 33081
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Provides occupational therapy services to patients needing to develop, recover and maintain occupational skills.
Performs and documents initial and ongoing assessments of patient's condition including type and frequency of treatment.
Designs and implements a plan of care which is appropriate to problems identified and involves the healthcare team as well as the patient/family.
Educates and counsels patients and families regarding treatment plans and progress. Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from therapy services. Provides information regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive equipment and support resources.
Supervises and delegates the care provided by certified occupational therapy assistants and therapy technicians according to established licensing laws, state regulations and practice standards. Mentors peers and students.
Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from therapy services.
Competencies and skills:
- STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
- RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
- DOCUMENTATION: Provides written/electronic record of details of patient care as appropriate to position, certification and skills.
- EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION: Communicates effectively with various audiences using the most appropriate method for the situation.
- PROBLEM SOLVING: Ability to identify, analyze and effectively solve problems.
- PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers"
- CLINICAL POLICIES AND STANDARDS: Applies knowledge of clinical standards, policies, and procedures relevant to function and organization.
- AHCA Background Screening
Education equivalent experience:
- Graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapy program.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: No experience required.
- Bending and Stooping ; ; ; 80.00%
- Climbing ; ; ; 40.00%
- Keyboard Entry ; ; ; 80.00%
- Kneeling ; ; ; 60.00%
- Lifting/Carrying Patients 35 Pounds or Greater ; ; ; 80.00%
- Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 80.00%
- Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs
- 75 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 80.00%
- Lifting or Carrying > 75 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 40.00%
- Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 80.00%
- Pushing or Pulling 26
- 75 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 80.00%
- Pushing or Pulling > 75 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 80.00%
- Reaching ; ; ; 80.00%
- Repetitive Movement Foot/Leg ; ; ; 80.00%
- Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm ; ; ; 80.00%
- Running ; ; ; 40.00%
- Sitting ; ; ; 80.00%
- Squatting ; ; ; 80.00%
- Standing ; ; ; 80.00%
- Walking ; ; ; 80.00%
- Audible Speech ; ; ; 80.00%
- Hearing Acuity ; ; ; 80.00%
- Smelling Acuity ; ; ; 40.00%
- Depth Perception ; ; ; 80.00%
- Distinguish Color ; ; ; 80.00%
- Bio hazardous Waste ; ; ; 60.00%
- Biological Hazards
- Skin or Ingestion ; ; ; 60.00%
- Blood and/or Bodily Fluids ; ; ; 80.00%
- Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens ; ; ; 80.00%
- Cytotoxic Chemicals ; ; ; 60.00%
- Dust ; ; ; 80.00%
- Gas/Vapors/Fumes ; ; ; 60.00%
- Hazardous Chemicals ; ; ; 60.00%
- Hazardous Medication ; ; ; 60.00%
- Latex ; ; ; 80.00%
- Computer Monitor ; ; ; 80.00%
- Domestic Animals ; ; ; 60.00%
- Fire Risk ; ; ; 40.00%
- Heating Devices ; ; ; 60.00%
- Magnetic Fields ; ; ; 40.00%
- Moving Mechanical Parts ; ; ; 80.00%
- Needles/Sharp Objects ; ; ; 60.00%
- Wet or Slippery Surfaces ; ; ; 60.00%
Memorial Home Health Services is a nonprofit, Joint Commission-accredited, Florida-licensed, Medicare and Medicaid home health agency. We are committed to delivering Memorial Healthcare System's special brand of patient-and family-centered care to patients in their own homes. Our staff includes:
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.