This position has access to and knowledge of extremely sensitive, private and confidential materials. Ability to maintain the highest standard is required with zero tolerance.
All the primary duties within this document will be performed according to established policies, procedures and guidelines within the department and the Medical Center.
Reporting to the Manager of Nursing Supervisors/AOOS; the Administrative Operations Officers (AOO) and the Nursing Supervisor are responsible to ensure delivery of safe patient care, facilitate patient flow during evening/nights, weekends and holidays, and to collaborate and coordinate with the Nursing Supervisors at Cape Fear to effect safe patient placement and ensure a positive patient experience. The Nursing Supervisors/AOOs manage nursing activities, operational processes and patient placement throughout the Medical Center to assure quality patient care for all New Hanover Regional Medical Center patients. The nursing supervisors/AOOs serve as the administrative representative of the hospital in the absence of the administrative staff, interpreting and enforcing policies to all related departments as needed.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
1.Responsible for overall assessment of census and coordination with Emergency Department, Vita Link, the Transfer Center, Directors and Managers to ensure maximum utilization of patient care capacity during evening/nights/Weekends and Holidays.
2.Serve as Administrative Representative on their shift.
3.Collaborates with all departments and identifies and removes barriers affecting timely delivery of patient care services across the system. Ensures patients are placed in beds with no delay.
4.Work closely with Medical Staff, Patients, Families and Community Resources to ensure patient care needs are met in a timely manner and that the patient's experience is positive.
5.Enhances internal communications between departments and units to ensure patient care needs are met.
6.Serves on teams, committees, etc. as appropriate that impact patient flow. Will serve as advisor to groups regarding off-shift issues that impede patient flow or the delivery of quality patient care.
7.Develops collaborative relationship with management and staff of both campuses to ensure consistency and improve internal and intra-network patient flow issues.
8.Creates networks with other organizations and peers for benchmarking and performance improvement. Enhances personal development thru professional associations, seminars, training, etc.
9.Demonstrates the Standards of Performance for Ownership, Communication, Compassion and Teamwork.
10. Models and reinforces Service and operational Excellence on the units at all times
11. Effectively demonstrates the mission, vision and values of the organization on a daily basis.
12. Maintains smooth Patient flow and ensures the Emergency department is not hindered due to patient flow issues.
13. Supervisor and AOO roles are interchangeable.
14. Will lead the organization in a Disaster situation until command center team arrives.
15. Serves as contact and resource person for personnel within the Healthcare Network and other Healthcare facilities
16. Works closely with all departments within New Hanover Regional Medical Center, coordinating and problem solving to provide safe and efficient patient services
17. Evaluates, prioritizes and directs patient flow and Nursing Services within New Hanover Regional Medical Center and works with VitaLink and the Transfer Center for the transfer of patients from outlying facilities.
18. Participates in the development of hospital policies, serving on various hospital committees and teams.
19. Works closely with Administration, CNRO and Nursing Personnel in coordinating nursing staff and patient ratio patterns. Adjust staff assignments to meet high census and acuity situations.
20. Listen to, evaluates, and acts on needs, problems, and suggestions of patients, visitors, nursing staff, physicians, and others. Communicates information of events to the appropriate members of Administration.
21. Responds to all Emergency Codes (Code Aster, Code Pink, Code Red, Code Blue, Code Gray and, etc.) within the Medical Center, assuming HEICS leadership role and setting up Command Center when indicated until the Emergency Response Team arrives.
22. Appropriately communicates information in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
23. Monitors physical environment of the Medical Center on daily rounds, and reports problems to the appropriate department
24. Creates a productive environment by demonstrating positive behaviors between self, nursing staff and all Medical Center personnel.
25. Ensures accurate completion of the Administrative Report daily.
26. Performs other duties as needed to facilitate patient care within the Medical Center, such as: Notary, EKG technician, assisting Special Police and Pastoral Care with viewing of expired patients in the morgue, and management of blood borne exposures when Employee Health is closed.
27. Annually continues personal development to enhance practice and profession.
28. Effectively demonstrates the mission, vision and values of New Hanover Regional Medical Center on a daily basis
29. Performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
1.Education: Bachelor's required -Master's Degree preferred.
2.Licensure / Certifications: North Carolina Registered Nursing License. BLS/ACLS required. Notary Public preferred. (ACLS must be obtained within 12 months of hire).
3.Experience: Minimum of 3 years clinical nursing experience or related experience in health care. 1-year previous management or leadership experience preferred. (experience at New Hanover Regional Medical Center preferred)
New Hanover Health Network