University Of Pennsylvania Health System West Chester , PA 19388
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Patient Care Responsibilities
1.Provides age appropriate care for the patient population served. For example, gives consideration to growth & developmental phase of life, to age related factors such as thermal regulation, nutrition, safety and functional needs of the patient.
2.Uses appropriate resources for patients with special needs such as language barriers, sensory problems, altered cognition, cultural and religious needs.
3.Integrates principles of infection control & infection prevention into practice.
4.Uses standard precautions and uses personal protective equipment.
5.Interacts with the patient in a manner that preserves patient dignity, privacy, and meets psychosocial needs of the patient.
6.Bathes patients and provides assistance with hygiene. (Includes baths, mouth care, shaves males, combs hair, and washes patients hair as requested.)
7.Changes bed linens for occupied and unoccupied beds.
8.Changes incontinent patients promptly and provides appropriate skin care.
9.Empties bedpans, urinals, commodes, and assists patient to the bathroom.
10. Assists patients with meals, feeds patients as needed.
11. Distributes nourishment's as scheduled.
12. Provides fresh water at bedside as appropriate.
13. Measures and records intake and output.
14. Positions patients correctly, align and support torso and limbs as directed and per patient comfort.
15. Transports patients via wheelchair or stretcher using safety measures appropriate for patient and vehicle.
16. Uses proper body mechanics when transferring patient during ambulation and bed chair transfers.
17. Makes hourly rounds for patient safety and customer service.
18. Responds to patient call lights in a timely manner.
19. Obtains vital signs and weights, and records.