Nurse Practitioner Or Physician Assistant - San Antonio
Texas Health Action
San Antonio , TX 78216
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Texas Health Action (THA) is a community-informed non-profit organization dedicated to providing access to culturally affirming, quality health services in a safe and supportive environment, with an expertise in serving LGBTQIA+ people and those impacted by HIV. THA's programs include Kind Clinics, Waterloo Counseling Center, and TeleKind (telemedicine services). Read more about THA here: http://texashealthaction.org.
Texas Health Action is seeking a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant at our San Antonio Kind Clinic to evaluate, plan, and provide care for patients in consultation with and under direct supervision of the attending Physician. This is a full-time, exempt position requiring 40 hours a week with some night and weekend hours.
The ideal candidate for the NP/PA role maintains effective communication with patients, staff and physicians, provides patient care in a competent, professional and courteous manner, and keeps abreast of current research and incorporates relevant findings into specific areas of clinical practice.
What you would do:
- Performs clinical procedures under direction of attending Physician and according to approved protocols
- Performs a wide range of activities, which include but not limited to: assessment, history & physical, recommendations for patient plan of care
- Monitors patient progress
- Maintains patient medical records according to established standards
- Maintains communication with the supervisory physician(s) and attending physician to review patient records and care plans on a routine basis
- Ability to collaborate with attending physicians, facility staff members and other agencies as needed to coordinate optimal care and use of resources for the patient/family
- Ability to work independently-Interacts as a team member with all levels of clinical staff
- Performs other duties as assigned
How you describe your skills:
- Listening is one of your key strengths. You are also able to manage highly confidential information and situations with the utmost discretion
- You are the model of the organizations values and people can readily point to you as an example of how to be
- You love what you do
- You like to plan, but you are ok with plans changing and can effectively help others manage change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You consistently meet or beat deadlines in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment
- You are able to organize daily workload by priorities
- You have great attention to detail while able to see the bigger picture
- You have a passion and connection to the communities we serve
- You are adaptable and able to manage change
- You understand when it is prudent to seek outside expertise
- Your friends describe your personality as positively contagious
- You balance People and Process
- You value great benefits and a mission driven work culture
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Effective verbal, written and electronic communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Ability to perform physical tasks related to office administration (such as seeing, sitting, typing, standing, walking, turning, reaching, bending, stooping, and turning during the course of the day)
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds on a regular basis
- If selected for this position, proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be requested prior to offer of employment.
- Submitting official transcripts, diplomas, certifications and licenses may be required prior to final offer. Unofficial transcripts and copies of other relevant documents may be attached to the application for consideration in advance.
- Information regarding employment history as it relates to the qualifications of the position may be needed for employment verification.
- The applicant selected for employment is subject to a pre-employment background check. A history of conviction may not automatically disqualify an applicant. Applicants with a history of conviction may be considered on a case-by-case basis, after individualized assessment of factors including the nature of the conviction, the job duties and responsibilities, the length of time since the conviction, and evidence of mitigation or rehabilitation. If required for the position, a physical, motor vehicle record evaluation, and additional background checks may be conducted.
Your previous work life and education must include:
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing or Physician Assistant Program
- Unrestricted and valid license to practice as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the state of Texas
- Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and Department of Public Safety (DPS) registrations IIIV for the purpose of writing prescriptions.
- Current CPR certification
- Working knowledge of HIPAA regulations
Your previous work life and education ideally would include:
- 2+ years of experience in working with diverse populations, including LGBTQ+ and other marginalized populations
- Masters Degree in Nursing
- Working knowledge of Athena electronic medical record software
- Working knowledge of healthcare insurance preferred
- Bilingual: English and Spanish
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (403b)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development