Nurse Practitioner (Np) - Adults
Atria Physician Practice New York PC
New York , NY 10019
Posted 5 days ago
Atria is powering a movement to improve quality of life today and prolong healthy life in the future by taking the latest science and translating it into medicine in real time.
Composed of the Atria Institute, a clinical practice delivering rigorous and personalized preventive care; the Health Collaborative, a nonprofit that invests in proven interventions and disseminates critical health information at no cost; and our Academy of Science & Medicine, which brings together experts from institutions around the world to freely share best-in-class knowledge with doctors and the public.
Atria is on a mission to create a new paradigm in medicine, shifting from reactive sick care to proactive and preventive health care. We believe we can learn what works, share that information without limits, and empower countless people locally, nationally, and globally to live longer, healthier lives.
Who You Are: You are devoted to collaborative medicine in every way. You’re eager, stay curious, and are agile with humble hospitality. Join us in seeking a new vision for the future of health!
As an integral part of the healthcare team, the Nurse Practitioner (NP) upholds Atria’s mission, values, vision, and strategic initiatives to provide the highest level of patient-centered care.
The NP is responsible for the management of care of patients according to mutually agreed upon protocols established by Atria. NPs will work in speciality areas including pediatrics, gynecology, internal medicine, cardiology, and neurology. Salary depends on experience: $135,000 to $190,000/year.
- Greet members in a professional, warm and courteous manner utilizing exceptional communication skills in person and by phone, email, and electronic messages
- Prepares members for examinations and performs routine screening tests, relevant physical exams, appropriate treatments, and documents findings
- Obtains and documents subjective baseline medical history and other history related to chief complaint or reason for visit per Atria protocols
- Identifies diagnostic impression and/or formulates a differential based on the subjective and objective findings
- Performs home visits using Atria-provided transportation
- Writes prescriptions as per New York State and Federal law
- Develops a plan of care that is individualized and collaborative with the member and the rest of the medical team
- Asesses and documents member response to treatments and interventions
- Provides and documents patient education appropriately
- Collaborates with pharmacy team to ensure that patient medical kits are dispensed in a safe and effective manner with education provided to patients and families as needed
- Initiates emergency resuscitative measures according to emergency protocols
- Maintains HIPAA compliance by maintaining members’ privacy and confidentiality in matters related to members
- Provides care in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner that is sensitive to members and preserves their dignity, autonomy and rights
- Reports any concerns regarding results, members’ conditions, etc. to the appropriate parties
- Delivers care with appropriate age and cultural competence to specific member populations according to individualized needs
- Conducts review of patient records in collaboration with physician to determine quality and appropriateness of care
- Practices OSHA safety standards
- Performs accurate, legal, and ethical documentation at all times
- Uses communication skills with appropriate medical terminology
- Engages in peer reviews and competency evaluations
- Serves as a resource to other staff members and participates in staff development
- Maintains credentials as required
- As an informal leader, behaves in a manner that exemplifies professionalism and empathy
- Promotes a safe, therapeutic environment for both members and colleagues
- Treats both members and colleagues with respect, courtesy, and caring behavior
- Initiates, assists and maintains quality initiatives to further continuous improvement at Atria
- Expected to be punctual and dependable for assigned/confirmed shifts
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned
- Current NYS NP License is required for area of practice. May require NJ or CT licensure in the future.
- National NP certification in specialty of practice preferred
- Current NYS RN Licensure is required
- ACLS & BLS certification from American Heart Association is required. PALS certification is required for NPs specializing in Pediatrics.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Capable and experienced with relevant procedures including but not limited to vaccination, phlebotomy, catheterization, intravenous line placement, medication administration by IV, IM, and nebulizer
NPs will work in a well-lighted and clean environment. They may travel within the NYC area and perform visits in private home settings. They will constantly interact with people and may handle multiple responsibilities at once. NPs will be robustly supported and valued in a positive work environment.
NPs may spend a significant amount of time walking, standing and possibly moving and manipulating equipment. This includes lifting and moving object that may weigh over 30 lbs. unassisted. Tasks and expectations will vary among department and specialty.
Atria requires all employees conducting in person work at its NYC locations to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of vaccination before their start date. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or protected religious reasons, you can seek a reasonable accommodation.
Atria is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Atria believes that diversity and inclusion among our team is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, encourage, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Some of what makes us unique:
- Excellent health and wellness benefits, 100% paid by Atria
- Time to give back and make an impact in underserved communities
- Clinic Family Days that are scheduled throughout the year so your family may share the wealth of our clinician expertise and state-of-the-art technology services