Open Systems Healthcare
Washington , DC 20147
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Manages, supervises, coordinates, evaluates, and develops client care to ensure quality care delivery and appropriate case management within the Agencys scope of services and policies, along with state, federal, and local laws/regulations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervises and directs all client services.
- Promotes, reviews, and evaluates the quality and appropriateness of client care practices.
- Develops working relationships with other health care professionals in the community and families to identify resources available and to ensure access of information to clients.
- Supervises, coordinates and ensures that the patient is well serviced through the assignment of services and personal care attendants whose skills and abilities meet their individual needs.
- Supervises, when needed, a team of caregivers to provide effective and quality home care services.
- Oversee training/competencies for the caregivers when appropriate. Responsible for determining caregiver competency level.
- Provides support and direction to Agency staff, other health care professionals, clients, and families related to appropriate and available health care resources.
- Ensures accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of documentation in accordance with Agency policies and procedures, regulatory requirements, and industry standards.
- Provides educational programs and information regarding appropriate documentation practices at Clinical Supervisors discretion to caregivers in need.
- Provides leadership to team and directs staff in identifying Agency/client needs and opportunities for quality improvement.
- Provides on-site supervision per Agency policy and as needed to determine staff competency and respond to educational and developmental needs.
- Follows Agency guidelines for disciplinary actions. Documents all disciplinary actions in accordance with company policies, procedures and legal guidelines.
- Promotes personal safety and a safe environment for clients and co-workers.
- Demonstrates knowledge of safety/infection control practices by compliance with policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Manages the Tuberculosis screening program and Hepatitis B program.
- Manages consumer admissions, reassessments, and visits.
- Reviews Agency policies and procedures and recommends changes or revisions as needed.
- Clinical on-call duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. Registered Nurse, BSN preferred.
- 1+ year homecare experience preferred.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office.
- Current and valid RN license.
- Evidence of Tuberculosis screening that meets CDC guidelines.
- Current and valid CPR certification.
- Must have a reliable form of transportation.
- Supportive of OSHs Core Values and of team concept.
- Able to work in a fast paced work environment.
- Focus on Customer Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond appropriately to the needs of internal and external customers to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Ability to handle confidential information in compliance with HIPAA.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a calm and professional manner.
- Ability to lead change and innovation.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks on a daily basis and manage time efficiently.
- Public relations ability, interpersonal skills and professional telephone manner.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of conditions at client sites.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
- Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, which may include moving up to 50lbs and extensive self-positioning.
- Ability to effectively communicate externally as well as internally with all levels of the organization.
Work Environment and Physical Demands: