Nurse Manager - Weekends
Reno Behavioral Healthcare Hospital
Reno , NV 89511
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Nurse Manager assists the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) in the supervision of nursing care provided by nursing staff and others for whom they are administratively or professionally responsible.
- Assists the CNO in planning, developing and supervising the activities of licensed and non-licensed personnel.
- Assists with the development and implementation of nursing services, objectives, policies and procedures in accordance with Federal and state regulations.
- Shares the responsibility for selecting Nursing Department staff, completing employee evaluations, and employee relations.
- Assists with maintaining a safe, orderly, and therapeutic physical environment for all patients.
- Establishes and maintain effective working relationships with physicians and health professional affiliates, patient's facilities and nursing staff.
- Consults and directs Supervisors in regards to staffing matters, problem solving, training, supplies and equipment requisites.
- Ensures compliance with quality assurance, safety, infection control, and environmental procedures in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Prepares reports, maintains records, compiles statistics, etc. as directed by CNO.
- Helps foster good morale amongst staff, by effective leadership, consultation and communication.
- Assists with investigations of complaints and helps develop systems to monitor and resolve any underlying concerns.
- Works with the CNO to identify and resolve departmental deficiencies with implemented correction plans.
- Supervises and coordinates work of licensed and unlicensed personnel in a unit. Manages quality and effectiveness of care given by staff.
- Participates within the department of nursing services in establishing the standards of patient care, policies and objectives of give unit; communicates such standards, policies and objectives to unit(s) staff, patient, family and community.
- In the absence of the CNO, the Nurse Manager performs the duties of the Director including taking call.
- Current Nevada RN License
- ADN / BSN or equivalent (BSN preferred)
- Nursing leadership experience preferred
- Current CPR certification
- Demonstrates sound leadership skills
- Ability to organize activities and schedules for medical and/or non-medical tasks for patients.
- Ability to stabilize acute psychotic and non-violent crises by using accepted intervention techniques.
Sign on bonus available!
A full benefits package is available the first of the month following just one month of employment!
This package includes Medical (three plans to choose from), Dental (two plans to choose from), Vision, Life Insurance options, including plans for spouse and children, 401(k), Pet Insurance, Identity Theft insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and a very generous PTO plan and more!