Nurse Case Manager
Rising Medical Solutions
Springfield , IL 62701
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Are a nurse with an IL license? Interested in transitioning from the daily grind of shift work and working in a clinical-setting to a more flexible role where you can make a real impact? Rising has an opening for a full-time Nurse Case Manager located in Springfield, IL! This is a dedicated nurse case manager role, providing case management to one of our local clients. Our ideal candidate is experienced in workers compensation and has experience with early intervention and a wide variety of cases. This is a hybrid role, with some flexibility working onsite with a client and working from home.
What exactly does a Nurse Case Manager do?
- Assesses and analyzes injured worker's medical and/or vocational status and develops a viable, realistic action plan for maximum medical improvement from date of referral to closure.
- Meets with individuals either telephonically or in their homes, work-sites, physician's or therapist's office to provide ongoing case management services.
- Assesses the assigned individual to ensure appropriate safety measures are in place.
- Implements, calculates and documents cost savings measures.
- Manages progress towards desired outcomes.
- Responsible for maintaining regular communication with the injured worker, medical providers, attorneys, employers, claims professionals, and Rising management.
- Develops guidelines for working with patients,healthcare management companies, insurance companies or other third party payers to determine quality, cost-effective care.
- Applies all special service instructions required by customers/accounts.
- Appropriately applies all laws and regulations to the provision of rehabilitation services.
- As needed, testifies to substantiate any casework or reports that may be deemed relevant in litigated cases.
- Evaluates outcomes and case goals.
- Prepares reports and other required documentation for casework activities.
- Arranges referrals, consultations, therapeutic services, and confers with other specialists regarding course of care and treatment.
- Upholds applicable state and federal regulatory requirements that govern workers' compensation disability.
- Substantiates case activities carried out/services rendered in all activity reports completed.
- Accurately reports all case activity and billable hours in accordance with client-specific guidelines and consistent with company billing practices.
- Attends all scheduled conference calls as mandated by management.
- Maintains any required credentials and adheres to all codes of ethics required by these credentials.
- Performs various professional duties as assigned by management.
- RN with an active license in Illinois
- Minimum 2 years clinical nursing background.
- 5 years case manager experience preferred
- Flexibility to work-from-home and manage your work independently
- Generous Flexible Time Off (take it when you need it)
- A relaxed, yet upbeat, work place culture
- Competitive base salary, profit sharing, 401k matching, and benefits
- Career Growth Opportunities we like to promote from within