Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Non-Ferrous Production Supervisor
Sims Metal Management
Richmond , CA 94801
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Sims Metal Management is the worlds leading publicly listed metal recycler, with operations encompassing the buying, processing and selling of ferrous and non-ferrous recycled metals. The metals recycling operations are geographically diverse, with operations in five continents, including the United States, Australia and the United Kingdom, comprising a network of processing facilities, many with deep-water port access, supported by an extensive network of feeder yards from which to source recyclable ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
The Non-Ferrous Production Supervisor is responsible for managing the production processes in the non-ferrous department; including the MTB wire chopper and HRB baler. The supervisor will lead a team of hourly employees to ensure production and business goals of the department are met. This is a hands on leadership role that requires good mechanical aptitude and an ability to communicate with both hourly team members, yard management, and regional leadership.
- Operate MTB Wire Chopper production unit. This includes all aspects related to safety, environment, production, maintenance, and continuous improvement.
- Conduct and document safety training of employees to ensure all employees understand job functions and work safely at all times. Ensure job hazard analysiss are in place and being followed. Champion changes as needed and ensure accurate retraining.
- Schedule production runs based off unprocessed inventory. Ensure department has enough consumables (knife blades, screens, totes, barrels, gaylord boxes, and tools) to meet production targets and shipping goals.
- Update production log daily.
- Manage physical inventory of unprocessed and processed non-ferrous metals for chopping and baling.
- Organize with the transportation group movement of inbound material to process and schedule outbound waste products for disposal.
- Responsible for all outbound baled and boxed commodity quality shipments.
- Load out final product (domestic or export) and complete all associated documentation to complete the transaction.
- Operate and oversee HRB baler production. This includes the scheduling of production runs, ensuring quality specifications are being met, updating inventory and baling log in SharePoint. Conduct light maintenance and assist when heavy maintenance is needed on the unit.
- Conduct personnel administrative functions for direct reports (employee scheduling, time card approvals, recommend disciplinary notices).
- AA Degree or BA/BS Preferred.
- On the job experience 5+ years in a non-ferrous metal recycling department
- Preferred not required
- Bilingual- Spanish speaking Preferred not required
- Forklift certified - required (expired license OK)
- Skid Steer experience - preferred
- Sweeper (mobile equipment) experience - preferred
- Ability to lift or move objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Mechanical aptitude
- Production Operations
As the worlds leading metal and electronics recycler, Sims Metal Management believes that our benefits programmes reflect a commitment to excellence for our valued employees.
Sims Metal Management strives to provide competitive employee benefits packages in the regions in which we operate. Our wide range of employee services, competitive wages, paid time off (PTO), health, an Employee Assistance Program and other benefits are designed to help eligible employees make the best decisions for themselves, their family, and their lifestyle.
Additionally, Sims Metal Management offers employees the opportunity to earn bonus pay based on individual and business performance, above and beyond base salary. We believe this program helps encourage our employees to strive for operational excellence.