NOC Engineer III
Columbia , SC 29201
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Location: Waynesboro, VA or Columbia, SC
The NOC Engineer III provides in depth support of Transport, IP and Ethernet Networks. The Engineer will have extensive knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, protocols and procedures in one functional area identified in the Skill Matrix and firm functional understanding and experience in the other. The Position may operate with considerable latitude for unsupervised action or decision. May design, develop, test and implement all components, equipment, and software within the functional area of the organization. The position may perform administrative work relating to projects and assignments.
- Regarded as a subject matter expert in either the Data or Transport discipline; Work with Network Planning, Product Management and Operations teams as the NOC representative to architectural decisions.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve problems affecting network performance that have been escalated and unresolved within the NOC teams.
- Provide assistance and support to other team member as required during critical outages.
- Utilizes high level of communication and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships.
- Assist NOC Change Management team as required to determine customers impacted and effect during network maintenance and grooming.
- Performs analysis and studies to determine requirements, immediate and long-range plans, designs and testing best practices.
- Assist the NOC Engineer II as required for analytical support in determining the root cause of network problems and implement action plans to resolve potential or active Network impacting issues.
- Assist other technicians with their technical development in the use of monitoring tools, network structure and theory.
- Develop and Teach Classes to NOC Analyst III and NOC Engineer I& II members to maintain highest level of technical knowledge on team.
- Approves Internal Technical Service Bulletins and creates Operations Best Practices as required.
- College degree in Engineering or a related field and 5+ years professional level experience; or 8+ years professional level related Engineering/Technical experience; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related Engineering/Technical experience required.
- Experience:8+ years troubleshooting higher level Network Hardware and provisioning. 8+ years in network operations environment or related job. Extensive understanding of either the Data or Transport disciplines in the Skill Matrix below
- Strong work ethic and multi-tasking ability. Demonstrated highly motivated self-starter. Demonstrated strong research and testing abilities. Demonstrated analytical skills. Project Management Experience
- Extensive experience with Ethernet/TCP/IP Networking. Must have detailed understanding of IEEE and ITU standards for FTTH & GPON technologies.
- SNMP, UDP, IMAP, DNS, RADIUS (AAA), LDAP, NTP and SMTP
- TACACS, TACACS+, Radius.
- Ethernet and Mobile Backhaul Experience is desired.
- Experience working with MPLS and designing layer 2 and layer 3 private networks, including programming and testing VPN.
- Ability to completely design, build, program, deploy, and document new IP services from a network core to multiple customer sites.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the OSI model and how it pertains to various transmission protocols, and multi-protocol routing including VRF, VPN, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, VPLS, and VPRN.