Nl-20-128 Program Systems Integration Engineer
El Segundo , CA 90245
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
You will join a Systems Engineering team defining the next generation of space communication systems supporting Air Force Military Satellite Communications. You will support Systems Engineering & Integration activities in a multidisciplinary and collaborative environment. The System Engineer will interface and collaborate with SE&I team members, contractors, government civilians and members of the USAF. The System Engineer will lead and support several working groups responsible for leading technical discussion, resolve and identify risk, requirement gaps, developing briefings, writing and tracking action items, and authoring meeting minutes.The MILSATCOM Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test (MSEIT) effort provides leading edge Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) for the Air Forces Space and Missiles System Center. We support the Air Forces acquisition of state of the art Military Satellite Communications systems, providing global secure, survivable, and protected communications for our nations warfighters. We seek technical individuals who will thrive in a highly collaborative work environment of small teams, using the most modern tools and methodologies to tackle the challenges of integrating complex space and ground communications systems.Responsibilities:
- Apply Model Based System Engineering to support development of technical baselines
- Analyze system requirements that define the technical baseline and verification of the technical baseline
- Work with Government and contractor personnel to close gaps in flow of customer requirements down thru the system and component levels
- Lead and supporting Government/Contractor Working Group meetingsby creating briefings, leading discussion, and writing minutesto resolve risks, requirement gaps, and action items
- Review proposed changes to the technical baseline for impacts to enterprise capabilities and to cross-stakeholder integration concerns
- Facilitate review of program documents by providing comments, compiling other reviewer comments, and working with contractor to adjudicate the comments.
- Serve as a subject matter expert to assess technical issues and to prepare briefings to U.S. Air Force management
- Support management of risks, issues, interdependencies, identifying schedule disconnects and conflicts, developing action plans for resolution, and assisting the Government in executing selected solutions
BS in technical field, such as engineering and computer science. Strong interpersonal skills, communication (oral and written), and presentation skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). 3 - 10 years demonstrated experience in systems engineering. 3 - 10 years with system specification, verification, or analysis. Rhapsody experience.Heavily Preferred
: MS in Engineering. Experience in Presidential and National Voice Conferencing. Experience with MILSATCOM, such as AEHF, EPS, FAB-T terminal programs. Experience working with military or DoD civilian clients. Experience with ground and airborne systems, such as terminals and networks.Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. An Active Secret
security clearance is required. This is a full-time, fully-funded position located in El Segundo, CA.