Niwc-Pac Senior Network Engineer
San Diego , California 92101
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Requires US CitizenshipEmployment Term and Type: Regular, Full TimeRequired Security Clearance: TS/SCIRequired Education:
FGS, LLC is seeking a self-motivated Senior Network Engineer with experience in technical leadership to provide airborne networking support to Naval Information Warfare Center - Pacific (NIWC-PAC). The scope of the engineering services covered by this position includes the support of U.S. Navy Tactical Airborne Networks (USNTAN) production, Tier 3 technical support services, and development of future USNTAN design.The Senior Network Engineer will:
- Maintain the San Diego commercial satellite communications test facility ("Test Access Point Name (APN)") in a high state of readiness to support over-the-air Inmarsat communications tests.
- Provide subject matter expertise on the topics of Navy shore tactical network operation and design, and the operation and design of IP-enabled data links to other Navy aircraft and surface ships.
- Provide IT research and analysis in support of USNTANs technical and operational requirements, which includes architecture strategies that build multilayer security environments to improve mission effectiveness, increase cybersecurity and realize IT efficiencies.
- Eight (8) years experience as a Network Administrator to include implementing Firewall policies, performing advanced routing and switching support and configurations, analyzing system faults, troubleshooting, running diagnostic tests on operational systems and hardware to detect problems, perform preventative maintenance and producing documentation that supports operational management.
- Meet Cyber Security Workforce (CSWF) requirement for minimum of Information Assurance Management (IAM) and Information Assurance Technical (IAT) certification Level III as described in DoD 8570.01M. IAM III: CISM, CISSP (or Associate), GSLC, or CCISO; IAT III: CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, or GCIH
- ADNS and Airborne Networking Experience
- INMARSAT Experience
- CCNA (2 years),
- Linux/Unix (3 years),
- Network security experience (4 years)
- CCNP Route and Switch (1 year minimum),
- CISSP; In-line Network Encryption (3 years);
- Tactical Data Networks (3 years);
- Advanced routing, Telecom or Service Provider (3 years)
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions:
- Bachelors degree and/or Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or field of applied technical study which provides substantial knowledge of large, complex networks. Experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
This position description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. This and all positions are eligible for organization-wide transfer. Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.Company Overview:
- Ability to sit 70% of the time.
- Ability to communicate with government clients, product vendor and company senior management 100% of the time.
- Travel for meetings required.
FGS, LLC is an international, leading edge provider of technical services to include Secure Information Systems, Security and Engineering and Intelligence Analysis. Our turn-key solutions include the design, engineering, deployment operations, and sustainment of secure technology and critical infrastructure for the protection and safety of our customers' mission-critical information, processes and personnel. Demonstrating an unyielding commitment to our customers, superior trust and dedication with our partners, and leading edge technical expertise over the past seven years, FGS has experienced explosive growth providing superior services through the world, from North America and the Pacific Rim, to the Middle East and Europe.FGS provides secure, leading edge technology and process management services to military, Government and commercial clients worldwide.FGS offers a generous compensation package including health, dental, vision, 401(k), group life insurance, educational reimbursement, among other benefits.We value our employees and strive to offer many opportunities for professional growth.#cjpost
FGS, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability