Night Manager Janitorial Quality Control
City Wide Facility Solutions
Westwood , NJ
Posted 6 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
City Wide Facility Solutions is actively seeking a Night Manager/Contract Compliance Officer for our Franchise location in Northern New Jersey.
City Wide, the nations leading management company in the building maintenance industry, provides solutions to a wide range of issues clients face at their facilities. In this position, you will serve the City Wide Facility Solutions - Northern New Jersey, one of more than 70 markets covered across the United States and Canada. Our mission at City Wide is to create a ripple effect by positively impacting the people and communities we serve.
The Night Manager/Contract Compliance Officer is responsible for the quality control of general business operations, increasing client satisfaction, and working productively with Independent Contractors (IC). The Night Manager must be able to work independently and with others, in any type of facility including but not limited to; industrial, manufacturing, office, medical, retail, etc. The Night Manager must also be able to exercise good judgment in reporting client concerns to management and seeking the involvement of others in order to best meet clients needs.
- Develop and maintain productive, working relationships with Independent Contractors (IC) and In-House labor by communicating client priorities and collaborating on solving problems.
- Review scope of work and ensure quality assurance per account to retain existing business and gain new business.
- Communicate with Facility Solutions Manager daily for any issues that need immediate attention, including the nightly recap via email or phone message.
- Make recommendations for IC work assignments, manage to client standards and company guidelines and discharge if not meeting service level agreement.
- Manage inspections, customer complaints, customer requests, new client starts, or VIP treatment needing attention.
- Execute City Wides New-Start Policy, Customer Complaint Policy, Four Star Policy, and other operational policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with client policies & procedures, approved cleaning tools and equipment and their proper use.
- Other duties including backup janitorial as necessary.
- High school diploma required or equivalent experience in commercial janitorial services industry.
- Three years of prior experience in management; coaching, motivating, developing, and leading a team in multi-unit or locations.
- Strong planning, organization skills, and attention to detail.
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
- Previous building, facility or service management experience a plus
- Must have a reliable vehicle of your own, valid driver's license and insurance (vehicle mileage reimbursement will be paid).
- Prompt, regular attendance
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be innovative and strive for continuous process improvement.
- Must be able to utilize CRM system daily.
- MS Office, Internet skills required,
- Service hours generally between 4:30 PM and 12:30 AM
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets) and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to communicate and motivate in a positive manner regarding quality control and corrective action
- Issue / complaint / conflict resolution and communication skills
- Handyman skills a plus
- Service hours generally between 4:30 PM and 12:30 AM - changes daily based upon business needs
- Targeting 5-6 hours per night, 4-5 nights (Monday-Friday) per week.
- Field based position - visiting accounts throughout Bergen, Passaic and Hudson counties
The physical demands are representative of requirements that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Constant sitting, bending, standing, and walking.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Ability to move equipment in your vehicle from time to time
Ability to perform basic janitorial services from time to time as a backup
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development