Students in this position provide coverage for the front desks in the residence halls. Shifts are usually at night (i.e. 12:00 midnight 4:00 AM and 4:00 AM 8:00 AM). Student should
be prepared to work at least 14 nighttime hours per week.
This position is responsible for monitoring the safety and security of the residence hall, responding to student needs, providing customer service to visitors, and enforcing University policy (particularly the residence hall visitation policy). This position requires students with self-confidence and assertiveness and with a strong commitment to other students and their safety.
Specific responsibilities include:
(1) Ensuring safety & security of residential facilities
(2) Professionally enforcing policies
(3) Providing excellent customer Service
(4) Support a sense of shared community within the hall
(5) Attending and participating in regular staff meetings
(6) Attending regular one-on-one meetings with supervisor
(7) Staffing the building and the front desk at designated times
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
This position requires the ability to explain departmental policies to residents and visitors, and to confront non-complaint
people by documenting incidents and communicating concerns to the appropriate staff members. Candidates who become successful front desk clerks share the following qualities:
(1) Communication & listening skills
(2) Ability to make mature and responsible decisions
(3) Strong sense of self
(4) Appreciation for and comfort with a diverse student population
(5) Desire to help others
(6) Time management skills
(7) Positive attitude
(8) Team player
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? No Preferred Education/Experience
Preference will be given to candidates who are returning students, however incoming first year students may apply as well. In order to be eligible for the position, a candidate must:
(1) Be a full time undergraduate student, in good academic standing at UK
(2) Be enrolled in at least one course at UK
(3) Have applied to live on campus during the 2019-2020 academic year
(4) Able to work 14+ hours during regular shifts from midnight to 8 am
(5) Be in good disciplinary standing with the university
Deadline to Apply 06/30/2020 University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome.
We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
University Of Kentucky