Networking Subject Matter Expert II
SPN Solutions Inc.
Bethesda , MD 20810
Posted 2 weeks ago
SPN Solutions is seeking to hire a senior level, skilled SME II to support ongoing critical requirements with one of our Defense customers in Bethesda, MD. The SME II will serve as a leading technical SME for the department, establishing an understanding of organizational values and current and future technical needs of an organization of this size and complexity, developing long-term strategy and direction for the organization. Build credibility for the organization with leading technical vendors and providers and bring innovation to the organization. The SME II will function as part of a team, inclusive of customers, and must demonstrate sufficient written and communication skills to ensure success.
Primary Job Duties:
- Serves as a leading technical SME for the department, establishing an understanding of organizational values and current and future technical needs of an organization of this size and complexity, developing long-term strategy and direction for the organization. Build credibility for the organization with leading technical vendors and providers and bring innovation to the organization.
- Develop market research results, white papers, and presentations for leadership regarding emerging technologies and alternative solutions. White-board partial or complete solutions as requested. Solutions should be comprehensive, including hardware, software, licensing, maintenance, and support.
- Assists with the day-to-day managerial, operational, and tactical aspects of multiple or large-scale projects related to the department.
- Utilizes processes, systems, tools, and organizational resources to initiate, plan, control, execute and close projects and programs associated with technology development, implementation, and operations.
- Creates clear agreement as to services and service levels to be delivered to all stakeholders, including identifying and documenting acceptance criteria, anticipated benefits, and success metrics.
- Implements engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures in accordance with organizational methodology to ensure profitable and successful execution and sustainment of engagements.
- Proactively supports changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Minimizes risk and exposure across projects.
- Creates, compiles, reviews, and submits high-level deliverables across projects.
- Creates and maintains reporting mechanisms to show the overall health of the technology project portfolio, including program and project status, issues, and action item tracking.
- Understanding of data science and data processing technologies.
- Advanced understanding of the industry, market segment, and emerging technologies.
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work well in an organization and coordinate across various groups and functional teams.
- Task Area Specialization: Support the Network Operations Branch with expert-level technical tasks in day-to-day operations. Evaluate network performance using hardware/software diagnostic tools. Provide on-call support as needed.
- Minimum Ten (10) years hands on SME II experience.
- Four-year bachelors degree.
- Must meet DOD 8570 requirements.
- 10+ years of system architecture and engineering experience.
- DoD experience preferred.
- CCNP certification preferred
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Cisco preferred
- 5+ years of technical leadership experience
- Strong planning, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to make effective presentations and communicate technical concepts to non-technical clients.
- Extensive knowledge of project management processes, systems development methods, organizational change management concepts, and business process improvement methods.
- In-depth knowledge of project planning techniques and automated project planning tools.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Experience with project cost management and resource capacity planning.
- Experience with Business Process development and Change Management.
SPN Solutions is an 8A Certified (SBA) Small Business that provides IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs, and provides mission support services to customers in the Defense, Federal Civilian Government and Commercial sectors. Our values are the standards that inform and inspire all our activities and distinguish us as a corporation.
At SPN, we have a corporate culture which fosters creative thinking, respects your contributions, and accepts nothing less than excellence in serving our customers. We demonstrate these core principles daily through our corporate Values and culture.
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision plans available for you and your family
- Premier 401k retirement plan with corporate matching
- Generous vacation and sick leave plan
- Parental leave plan
- Company paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education
- Free gourmet coffee, tea, fresh fruits and healthy snacking alternatives
SPN Solutions Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, medical condition, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes. SPN Solutions Inc. will treat all employees equally with respect to compensation; opportunities for advancement, including upgrading, promotion and transfer, and all other terms and conditions of employment