Ready for a challenge that will require your experience and keep you on the edge of maintaining and securing critical defense networks? Want to take your Networking experience and lead teams that maintain, protect privacy and ensure security for our national defense? Now Hiring Heroes, Inc. is now hiring experienced Junior level Network Technicians in Philadelphia, PA (Lakehurst).
This position's primary role will be a Field Service Junior Level Network Technician servicing a large scale Enterprise network. You will be a part of a Team of Network Technicians and Engineers. This network includes Cisco, Aruba, Brocade, Juniper, Riverbed, and McAfee network devices to include Routers, Switches, Access Points, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Virtual Private Networks (VPN) and WAN Accelerators.
As a Junior Level Technician you will be expected to install and maintain network devices at the site and work with the NOC technicians and Managers to troubleshoot outages and resolve network related issues. You will be responsible to create ticket for maintenances using HPE Service Manager. Candidates will be expected to understand, implement, and follow processes in accordance with current policies and procedures. Perform escalation and additional tasks as directed. Take Direction from the Regional Leader and Site Leaders.
• The successful candidate will have basic working knowledge in the Networking and Information Technology field with 0 to 4 plus years’ experience in the Information Technology Field with basic Networking knowledge.
• Position requires the basic skills to manage the execution of maintenance activities and network outages.
• Fundamental understanding of the OSI Model is required. Candidate needs a basic understanding of network devices such as servers, routers, switches, associated software tools, and cabling in a large LAN/MAN/BAN/WAN environment.
• Knowledge of network protocols such as OSPF, BGP, and EIGRP is a Plus.
• Knowledge and experience working with wireless technologies, Virtual Private Networks (VPN), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), and WAN Accelerators and associated technologies is highly desirable.
• The ideal candidate will have a passion for excellence and continual improvement, combined with an entrepreneurial spirit, strong written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, innovative thinking in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
• Strong customer service and communication is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction and network reliability.
• A good problem-solving and troubleshooting skills in severs and Cisco devices are a Plus.
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs is required.
• A Background Information Technology field or a related technology field is highly desirable.
• Other evidence of intellectual, technical, business accomplishments, and related technology leadership experiences will be considered.
• Cisco CCNA and Security+ required. (CCNA can be waived for 6 months)
• ITIL foundation V3 certification is highly desirable.
Some Travel will be required.
Minimum Secret Clearance required.
Now Hiring Heroes, Inc.