Network Specialist (Journeyman)
Anchorage , AK
Posted 7 days ago
Clearwaters.IT is looking for a Network Specialist (Journeyman).
- Candidate must be capable of performing network functions including conceptualization, design, implementation, and optimization.
- Must be experienced in assessing evolving user needs, translating those needs into network changes through network reconfiguration, hardware and software acquisitions, installation, and test.
- Must be knowledgeable in the application of current and emerging network software and hardware technology and protocols.
- Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation, maintaining documentation.
- Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs, providing references and support.
- Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets, monitoring expenses.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be a U.S. Citizen.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline. Relevant work experience and training may be considered in lieu of a degree, similar to Office of Personnel Managements (OPM) Crediting Combinations of Education and
- 2+ years demonstrated/practical experience in Network Administration of GRE tunnels and IPSec tunnels. Experience and understanding of OSPF, VLANS, and other routing techniques.
- Experience maintaining Cisco network equipment including routers, switches, firewalls, and intrusion detection/prevention devices.
- Experience updating and maintaining Juniper M-series routers. Hands on experience installing and configuring network equipment at remote sites, including providing physical layer solutions.
- Demonstrated experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) to include: Cisco IM and Presence, Unity, and WebEx servers. Experience leading and managing a team of Network Administrators.
- Must have extensive operational experience working with network management tools such as Spectrum, BMC Network Automation (BNA), eHealth, DIRECTRON, Access Control Servers (ACS); and Demonstrated experience working with Cisco, Brocade, Juniper, NetScout, EMC, F5, IPV6, Hyper-V, VMware; and the ability to research, recommend and field new tools.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Capable of conveying complex information in a simplistic manner.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Able to take proactive measures to prevent problems rather than reactive by nature.
- Strong verbal and written communication to effectively express concepts, plans, and proposals
DoD active security clearance may be required at a high-level security. Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Work will require a fair amount of travel as well as sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. May include lifting weight up to thirty (30) pounds, as necessary.
Based in Leesburg, Virginia, Clearwaters.IT is a dynamic small business providing IT solutions and services to the Public Sector market and dedicated to addressing our clients enterprise integration issues and facilitating maximum value from their enterprise information. Clearwaters.ITs services center on cyber-security, shared services transition, and enterprise integration of COTS hardware and software in support of mission objectives. In addition, Clearwaters.IT is an Oracle Value-added Reseller (VAR) focused on the Public Sector market for a broad range of Oracle-based enterprise services and solutions.
Clearwaters.IT is committed to offering eligible employees comprehensive benefits that will provide them with options intended to meet their needs and the needs of their family.
CW is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.