Input Staffing LLC
Fort George G Meade , MD 20755
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Input Staffing is looking for a Network Specialistfor a new award with a great company at Ft. Meade, Maryland!
Our client is on the Hampton Roads Top 20 fastest growing companies list and focuses on the unique telecommunication challenges faced by the Federal Government and Department of Defense!
The Network Specialist ensures that the LAN/WAN is capable of providing required services by supporting the network infrastructure through the use of troubleshooting and problem resolution in a production environment. Provides daily operational support forLAN/WAN networks, including firewalls. Plans, installs and supports hardware and software upgrades.
- required to resolve technical issues associated with network and routing protocols at all levels of the OSI model through the use of diagnostics and network administration tools such as Hewlett Packard (HP) OpenView, Cisco Works and Tivoli.
- Provides technical support for survey, design, and implementation of complex networking environments.
- Studies vendor products to assist in determining which components and configurations best meet the requirements of DoD.
- Complies with LAN/WAN procedures and standards to ensure compliance with DoD objectives and policies.
- Communicates with key customers on the status of all network support requests.
- Uses diagnostic utilities to identify and isolate problems encountered on different mediums and network protocols, gather latency statistics and find specific network bottlenecks,
- evaluate problems and implement fix actions through device reconfiguration or replacement depending on the circumstances.
- Compliance with Department of Defense (DoD) Directive 8570.01 Information Assurance Training, Certification, andWorkforce Management is required. Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II or equivalent certification, per DoD8570.01-M, "Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program" (most recent version) is required.
- clear understanding of TCP/IP, HTTP, SHTTP, SMTP, SNMP, DNS, DHCP, EIGRP, OSPF, PPP, HDLC, V.35, RS-449 andknowledge of the 803.2, 802.3, 802.5, 802.10, 802.11, 802.3u and 802.3z communications, EIA/TIA cable standards andInternet standards
- must address issues related to synchronous and asynchronous communications, Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, FDDI,ATM, ISDN, microwave and satellite communications.
- An understanding of Management Information Blocks (MIB) and MRTG to measure, plan and execute methodologies to ensurehigh performance levels and minimum downtime.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in a technical discipline such as Computer Sciences and 3 years related experience;
- or successful completion of a certified technical/vocational school and 8 years related experience
- Expertise in Windows networks, Cisco Systems and HP Openview desired.
- Desired experience with various OTDR, cable testers, network sniffers.
- Desired to have the following certifications:Security+ and Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or equivalent (i.e., BCNE for Brocade, etc.).
- experience in routed, switched and shared LAN environments that operate Microsoft, UNIX and OpenVMS and employ various routers switches, hubs and terminal servers as well as various local and long-haul satellite and ATM WAN connectivity.
Clearance Level: TS/SCI