Network Security Lead
Charlotte , NC 28202
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Network Security Lead Technical
The Network Security Lead Technical will have the ability to lead, learn and support cutting edge technology as well as the ability to work in both an individual and global support environment. This individual will ensure and assist with the proper support and lifecycle of solutions that support information security including firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems, proxy servers, and other security solutions. They will identify and evaluate and implement technical security controls to continuously improve the organization's security posture.
- Reviews and evaluates business technology needs, security, and systems requirements to decide on best course of action; develops specifications and performs development, integration, and programming activities for moderately-complex to complex cybersecurity applications, systems, and solutions
- Researches and evaluates potential threats to assess risk and prioritize actions; develops testing plans and scripts to identify vulnerabilities and develop countermeasures
- Conducts code, systems, and process reviews to identify areas of potential vulnerability and communicate to business and technical leaders; develops diagnostics, tools, and patches to assess and mitigate intrusions and attacks
- Provides technical leadership and mentoring for less experienced team members on assigned projects
- College Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years work experience in security or risk management, networking, or related technology based role.
- Moderate knowledge of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, Network layers, Ethernet, ARP, etc.)
- Unix administration and application support in a Unix environment experience required.
- Moderate experience with scripting (PowerShell, PERL, PYTHON, etc.)
- Strong Firewall experience : i.e. Palo Alto
- Certifications in area of specialty a plus. Examples include: CISSP, CSSLP, CISA, CISM, GIAC certs, CFE, CNP, CEH, etc…
- Experience troubleshooting web traffic protocols and decryption
- Experience with Cisco IOS. Ability to locate a host on the network for incidents or troubleshooting