Job Description:Role:Network Security Engin
eerLocation: Long Island, NYJob type: FulltimeOverview of Your RoleThis role is responsible for the network and security administration for the Credit Union and provides administration and engineering activities across all areas of the organization’s IT Infrastructure. This includes, Active Directory, Outlook365, VMware, Server, Desktop, Virtualization, Storage, Telephony and Network systems. Responsible for ensuring high availability and integrity is maintained at all times. Provides technical leadership to administrative and support staff. Develops and implements technical policies and procedures consistent with company goals and directives, and provides research and recommendations to management.Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Design. deploy and maintain functional networks using routers, switches, network security devices, protocol analyzers, TCP/IP, Access points, VPN, and MPLS
• Configure and deploy VPN technologies including but not limited to B2B VPN, IPsec, and Remote Access SSL VPN.
• Support and troubleshoot network issues on all levels.
• Monitor VPNs, server logs, firewall logs, intrusion detection logs, and network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity. Interpret activity and coordinate with Cyber Security leadership to develop plans for resolution.
• Support Incident Response investigations as required and occasionally after normal business hours.
• Maintain and keep current all security systems and their corresponding or associated software, including firewalls, VPNs, intrusion detection systems, biometrics, anti-spam, and anti-virus software, and all updates published by their respective vendors or manufacturers.
• Suggest/implement improvements to network performance, capacity and scalability.
• Participates in the selection of network security solutions and implementation.
• Configure and install solutions to meet organizational monitoring, detection and prevention requirements in alignment with the organization’s information security policy and guidelines.
• Implement, test and review the Credit Union’s information security to protect information and prevent unauthorized access.
• Perform vulnerability and penetration tests across all network segments.
• Manage and monitor the use of network access control systems security tools and intrusion detection systems to identify anomalous events and security infractions that exploit system vulnerabilities.
• Monitor network and systems performance, compliance, integrity availability, and reliability.
• Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval, and success of changes made to the network and systems infrastructure.
• Select and implement security tools and procedures in conjunction with the credit union's Information Security team.
• BSA/AML compliance (and compliance with the Office of Foreign Assets Control) is the responsibility of all employees throughout the organization. This is achieved through: annual training, reporting compliance issues to the attention of the Compliance Officer and keeping aware of regulatory requirements.Credentials, Experience and Skills
• Job Requires a BA or BS in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems or equivalent work experience with equal responsibilities. Formal training should be supplemented with ongoing continuing education
• Industry certification in two or more of the following: Network +, Security +, VMware VCP, CCNA, MCSE
• Advanced expertise in LAN/WAN architecture design, management, and troubleshooting.
• Comprehensive hands on experience with Cisco routers and switches preferred.
• Comprehensive hands on experience with Next Gen Firewall and IPS/ IDS management preferred
• Working knowledge of Cloud technologies and security principals.
• Working knowledge of applications and systems hardening principles and practices.
• Experience with mobile device management and application security assessments.
• Demonstrated knowledge of networking concepts within a TCP/IP protocol and cloud networking environment, router configuration, Microsoft Exchange and O365, telecommunications, PC hardware troubleshooting and repair and remote administration.
E Business International