Network Security Analyst - Secret Clearance
Fort Belvoir , VA 22060
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Working at Point3 Federal means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, Point3 employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
Point3 Federal is currently seeking an ambitious Network Security Analyst to join our team. The successful candidate will provide support for DoD customers.
- Constant monitoring of intrusion detection systems.
- Creation of technically detailed reports based on intrusions and events.
- Provides assistance in computer incident investigations
- Analyze and evaluate anomalous network and system activity.
- Assist in troubleshooting and problem solving a wide variety of client issues.
- Collaborate well with members of the IAM team on daily policy issues.
- Provide quality customer service with excellent communication skills.
- Recommend modifications to access control lists to prevent and mitigate intrusions.
- 5 years relevant IT experience.
- 5 years relevant IA and/or security experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Active DoD Security Clearance with the ability to obtain TS level
- Ability to work rotating shifts if necessary
- An advanced understanding of current threats and trends present in the Information Security and Technology field.
- Advanced knowledge of network technologies and protocols
- Understanding of network hardware devices and experience configuring Access Control Lists or other Firewall or Router configuration experience
- Ability to demonstrate strong knowledge of computer security concepts
- DOD 8570 Compliance, or the ability to quickly obtain and maintain active security certifications: (CEH, DFR, CySA+, GCIA, GCIH, GICSP, or SCYBER) and IAT II (CCNA, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Sec+, or SSCP)
- Initiative and a personal interest in Information Technology Security.
- People skills and the ability to communicate effectively with various clients with the ability to explain and elaborate on technical details.
- Have used network security analysis tools such as Snort, TCPDUMP, WireShark, and other Host or Network based Intrusion Detection Systems
- Experience with system vulnerability assessment.
- Familiar with computer forensic tools FTK, EnCase or other network forensic applications.
- Knowledge of Linux/UNIX and Windows OS security.
- Knowledge of computer programming languages and scripting languages. Previous scripting and coding experience is desired but not required.
At Point3 Federal our benefits are second to none. Our medical benefits begin day 1 and Point3 Federal absorbs all of the premiums, our 401K offers a 100% match and also starts day 1 and you are vested immediately. We offer $5,000 referral bonuses for all cleared roles, $2,500 for all technical opportunities, and $1,000 referral bonuses for corporate opportunities. We provide you an HSA account with a generous bi-weekly employer contribution that you can also invest if you so choose. Time out - take it when you need too! You will have immediate access to our primary product offering ESCALATE and can train and develop yourself as you desire. We offer tuition reimbursement and when you visit us here at HQ you have full access to drinks and snacks as you will never go hungry and dogs are a part of our family! Check out https://www.point3federal.com for additional opportunities.