Scottsdale , AZ 85054
Posted 2 months ago
Description: Works as part of a team to defines the direction for the organization, standards, and tests systems and hardware to ensure interoperability and validates features and functions. Analyzes complex local and wide area network systems and/or customer network environment, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges and other devices. Troubleshoots difficult interoperability problems to obtain operation across all platforms. Configures systems to user environments. Supports acquisition and implementation of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services. Regarded as a subject matter expert on network technologies.
Applies advanced engineering and network principles, theories, concepts and technologies to solve unusually complex problems and issues. Assist in the development, evaluation and implementation of new and innovative principles, processes and applications. Analyzes complex local and wide area network systems and/or customer network environment, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges and other devices. Resolves difficult interoperability problems to obtain operation across all platforms. Configures systems to user environments. Supports acquisition and implementation of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services. Assist in the development, and design of new products. Requires limited direction and guidance with most tasks. Provide IP Telephony and data support for the
CUSTOMERS contracts. Includes data and voice infrastructure design, installation and maintenance for new and current installations.
• Provide primary engineering design and configuration for data systems in line with CUSTOMERS goals and requirements
• Monitor and analyze performance across the organization's Voice Network and underlying LANs, WANs, IPT, and wireless deployments.
• Evaluate new technical requirements for compatibility with deployed system design
• Evaluate new products for compatibility and applicability to the CUSTOMERS network.
• Maintain current knowledge base regarding complex routing, switching, and voice design and configuration for Cisco route\switch products.
• Provide high-level technical & engineering support for router and switch configurations, troubleshooting, and service restoration along with an understanding of VoIP and Wireless technologies.
• Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues
• Provide high-level off-hours support on a rotating basis with other on-site engineers
• Develop and oversee subordinate level technical methods, procedures, and assist with complex technical solution designs. Develop & document process flows.
• Identify capacity and performance issues for communications traffic to ensure continued, uninterrupted operation of communications systems.
• Conduct testing of disaster recovery plans as it pertains to communication equipment to detect faults, and minimize malfunctions.
• Maintain network monitoring applications, equipment and utilities as needed.
• Create and maintain network documentation and reports as required
• Act as liaison between CUSTOMERS and other network vendors on high-level support issues.
• Provide direct interface with other departments in support of the CUSTOMERS network
• Basic Requirements:
• Must be a very familiar with internetworking (routing & switching / Service Provider) protocols across vendors
• Must be an experienced at troubleshooting methodologies in the context of large scale complex networks
• MPLS installation and troubleshooting expert preferred
• Cisco CCIE R&S and/or SP as a IOS,IOS-XE and IOS-XR experience preferred
• Expertise on Cisco ASR 9K and 1K, all ISR G2 Routers preferred
• Expertise on Cisco Layer 3 Switches Nexus and Catalyst preferred
• Network Routing/Switching and BGP/OSPF
• Must be proficient at all vendors documentation to research issue not trained on
• 7+ years current hands on experience with the following:
• Cisco, etc Layer 2 & 3 switch, router, firewalls, wireless configuration and management
• Isolation of multi-Service Provider causes and service restorations
• Direct customer interaction communication skills
• Proficient PC skills in office applications and network connectivity configuration
• Proficient presentation skills for presentations to technical and non-technical audiences; must be able to translate technical terms and concepts to non-technical entities.
• Valid Drivers License
• Must be available 24/7 for network outages and maintenance window work.
• Strong communication (oral and written), customer service, organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Preferred Qualifications:
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Highly self motivated and directed.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to work with little supervision