Network Engineer / Tier 3 Customer Support
New York , NY 10001
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Honest Networks is hiring a Network Engineer / Tier 3 Support Resource to join our growing team. The primary function of this role will be to handle escalated tickets (advanced Wi-Fi and network troubleshooting) both remotely and occasionally in person. This role will be either part-time or full-time position depending on capabilities and interest.
This team member will work directly with Honest's Senior Network Engineer in building and maintaining our network. This person will also dedicate up to 15-20 hours on call duty handling tier 1/2/3 customer support needs. Additionally, this team member will have a passion for helping our internet subscribers receive a fast, stable and secure internet connection, and an enthusiasm for solving problems.
- Responding quickly and thoughtfully to incoming support inquiries and issues.
- Communicating directly with existing and prospective customers via phone, text, web chat, and email.
- Advanced troubleshooting of Wi-Fi and other WAN/LAN networking issues.
- Providing direct support to the lead engineer.
- Working closely with support team, engineering, and field technicians.
- Tier 3 service visits to customers whose issues cannot be resolved remotely.
- Wi-Fi expertise, including thorough understanding of end-user hardware (routers, access points, extenders, mesh networks) from multiple manufacturers (Mikrotik, TP-Link, Netgear, Google, Apple, Amazon, etc).
- Experience as an ISP field technician for residential customers.
- Familiarity with wireless broadband radio and fiber networks.
- Friendly, enthusiastic, and professional communication with customers. We are disrupting an industry associated with script-reading customer support agents who dont seem to care about individual customers; we want to make it clear with every interaction that we are fully invested in each and every customer.
- Exceptional communication skills across multiple channels: phone, text, live agent chat, email.
- Calm temperament: Comfortable handling time-sensitive, high-pressure situations with empathy, confidence, and patience.
- Driven, highly-organized, and nimble. As a small company, each of our team members wears multiple hats and needs to be flexible to the changing needs of the company.
- Interest in networking, startups, and solving technical problems.
- Attractive salary based on capabilities and background.
- Stock options.
- Paid time-off (PTO).
- Medical and dental benefits.
About Honest Networks
Honest Networks believes high-quality and affordable internet service is a great enabler for our communities, providing the fundamental infrastructure to learn, create and enjoy. We are a fast-growing, venture-backed, internet provider headquartered in downtown Manhattan. We are focused on providing the gigabit internet service at affordable, transparent prices, with exceptional customer service. We do this by employing employees with high integrity, a strong work ethic and a passion for learning. If working in a fast-paced, results-oriented and mission driven environment excites you, we encourage you to apply and join our team. Learn more at www.honest.net