Network Engineer Sr.
SPN Solutions Inc.
Bethesda , MD 20810
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
SPN Solutions is seeking to hire a senior level, skilled Network Engineer Sr. to support ongoing critical requirements with one of our Defense customers in Bethesda, MD. The Network Engineer Sr. will be responsible for the ability to design, configure, test, implement and maintain network support activities, and ability to support application programmers working in that environment. The Network Engineer Sr. will function as part of a team, inclusive of customers, and must demonstrate sufficient written and communication skills to ensure success.
Primary Job Duties:
- Demonstrate ability to design, configure, test, implement and maintain network support activities, and ability to support application programmers working in that environment.
- Provide technical and administrative direction for personnel responsible for network design, implementation, and operations tasks, including the review of work products for correctness, adherence to the design concept and to user standards, and progress in accordance with schedules.
- Evaluate and resolve network and processor problems using network analysis tools. Design, configure and implement networks. Evaluate network performance using hardware and software diagnostic tools. Evaluate network changes for operational impact.
- Participate in designing, planning and installation of new networks and hardware.
- Make recommendations for approval of major network installations.
- Prepare milestone status reports and deliveries/presentations on network progress to colleagues, subordinates, and end user representatives.
- Work with other technical teams to ensure network infrastructure meets all user requirements and security regulations.
- Draft technical documentation of network issue resolution, changes, and infrastructure.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new computer network equipment and technologies.
- Analyze current products and recommend changes/upgrades to senior management.
- Identify, assess, and develop detailed requirements for upgrading networks as well as re-architecting network segments to facilitate new requirements, technologies and growth.
- Minimum Six (6) years hands on Network Engineer Sr. experience.
- Four-year bachelors degree.
- Must meet DOD 8570 requirements.
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- 3+ years of technical leadership experience
- Network Administration experience required
- CCNA or higher certification required; CCNP preferred
- Strong planning, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to make effective presentations and communicate technical concepts to non-technical clients.
- Extensive knowledge of project management processes, systems development methods, organizational change management concepts, and business process improvement methods.
- In-depth knowledge of project planning techniques and automated project planning tools.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Experience with project cost management and resource capacity planning.
- Experience with Business Process development and Change Management.
At SPN, we have a corporate culture which fosters creative thinking, respects your contributions, and accepts nothing less than excellence in serving our customers. We demonstrate these core principles daily through our corporate Values and culture.
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision plans available for you and your family
- Premier 401k retirement plan with corporate matching
- Generous vacation and sick leave plan
- Parental leave plan
- Company paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education
- Free gourmet coffee, tea, fresh fruits and healthy snacking alternatives
SPN Solutions Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, medical condition, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes. SPN Solutions Inc. will treat all employees equally with respect to compensation; opportunities for advancement, including upgrading, promotion and transfer, and all other terms and conditions of employment.