Network Engineer II (Firewall)
Minority Professional Network, Inc
Birmingham , AL 35203
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Network Engineer is responsible for:
- providing tactical planning
- engineering design
- engineering consulting
- equipment lifecycle management
- third-level technical support for the firewall infrastructure for the company and associated subsidiaries.
The associated firewall efforts include:
- firewall policies and procedures
- hardware configurations
- software upgrades
- license management
- vendor maintenance
- hardware implementation
This position will work closely with the Network and Security Architects and the IT Security teams to develop the architecture and strategy for the overall firewall platform.
The technology areas in scope for this position include some routing and switching, wireless and all firewall technologies owned by SCS TO, SCADA, GAS and renewable solutions. Hardware solutions includes but are not limited to:
- Palo Alto Networks
- Cisco ASA
- Cisco (Routers / Switches / Wireless Controllers and Access Points)
Software solutions include:
- PAN Panorama
- Cisco CSM / ASDM
- Checkpoint Policy Manager
- Tufin SecureTraK
- General Understanding of Budgets and/or Capable of Learning about Budgeting (capital and functional) and accounting processes to ensure compliance with the budget.
- Knowledge of network systems such as data network systems including IP addressing and naming (DNS, DHCP, and WINS), Web and proxy, Internet, Virtual Private Network (VPN), and networking in virtual environments.
- Firewall technologies including but not limited to – Cisco ASA, Cisco Firepower, (ASDM, CSM, FTM), Checkpoint, Palo Alto, (Panorama) Tufin and HPNA.
- Demonstrate personal computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, Visio, Skype etc.)
- Effective oral and written communications skills with the ability to convey complex technical issues in business terms.
- Self-motivated with the ability to effectively manage multiple project responsibilities simultaneously.
- Team-oriented with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to build relationships, communicate and work with all levels of management, vendors, business partners and external customers while exhibiting positive influence at all levels.
- Strategic thinker who can embrace, influence, and lead change.
- A BS degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or Computer Science related field preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of Data Networks experience in (Routing and Switching)
- Minimum of 5 years of Firewall/Security experience (Palo Alto, Cisco, Checkpoint)
- CCNA (Route/Switch, Security)
- CCNP (Route/Switch, Security, Wireless, Data Center)
- CCIE (Route/Switch, Security, Wireless, Data Center)
- ACE (PA Accredited Configuration Engineer)
- PCNSE (PA Networks Certified Network Security Engineer)
- CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
- General knowledge of information technologies (those currently used within the system and new technologies)
- General knowledge of IT infrastructure components
- Understand engineering/analysis/design discipline and methodology
- Ability to effectively organize tasks, manage multiple priorities/details, meet schedules, and deliver on customer commitments
- Ability to negotiate with and influence others – internally as well as vendors
- Ability to build relationships and work in a team atmosphere
- Ability to provide and accept feedback
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Professional oral and written communication skills