Network Engineer II
Development Group, Inc.
Redding , CA 96001
Posted 1 week ago
Development Group, Inc. (DGI) is an on-premise network technology integrator with innovative managed and cloud service offerings that are unrivaled in the industry. The company has experienced continual positive growth since its inception in 2009, and is now one of the most sought-after network integrators in California and Southern Oregon. We partner with manufactures like Cisco, VM Ware, and Pure Storage, but our exceptional service delivery capabilities and our Network Operations Center (NOC) separate us from the pack.
We will consider someone that is in Redding, CA OR willing to relocate to Redding, CA (some relo assistance is available) or in the greater Sacramento area, willing to come to Redding 3-5 times a month or as needed.
We approach things differently than most other vendors/partners. We focus on business outcomes rather than the integration of technology alone. We leverage a Proven Process to gather information from stakeholders, then use that information to build and execute projects that leverage appropriate technology solutions to meet the customers established business goals. We believe that IT can be an effective contributor to organizational outcomes and, therefore, should have a seat at the decision-making table. We call this IT Relevancy, and we aim to help all of our customers establish it.
DGIs Core Values:
We have a can-do attitude
We are focused on results
We take ownership and pride in our work
We are effective communicators
We succeed or fail as a team
The primary role of the Enterprise Network Engineer II is to assist in installing, analyzing, reviewing and troubleshooting voice and data networks. Following Development Group Inc.s (DGIs) Proven Process, you will help develop technical solutions and ensure communication is flowing between customers and other critical stakeholders. In this role, you will work as part of an engineering team and in close partnership with the project management teams as well as the sales teams to represent Development Groups core values and company goals. This Non-Exempt position reports to the Enterprise Networking Practice Manager.
Salary Range: $66,300-$100,700 with opportunity to earn extra income with overtime.
To Be Determined based on experience. DGI offers competitive salary and benefits.
Essential Position Functions:
- Implement network solutions using data provided from the pre-sales organization based on standard templates and using existing standard operating procedures
- Execute standard test plans to ensure solution operates in accordance with design criteria; document results thereof
- Provide on-site testing and technical support during solution deployment
- Produce accurate documentation and provide Customer training as required
- Effective and timely communication of the status of assigned tasks to the Team Lead, Practice Manager and/or Project Manager as appropriate
- Provide feedback for continuous improvement to project planning and standard operating procedures
- Assist in projects and service calls as directed by the Team Lead.
- As part of a team, participate in delivering on and exceeding customer service level commitments.
- Effectively articulate necessary technical and non-technical information to customers in a simple and concise manner over the telephone or via e-mail.
- Manage and respond to assigned tasks, incoming email or support ticket requests thoroughly and in a timely manner.
- Manage inbound non-technical support inquiries from internal staff, customers and business partners.
- Research and resolve customer inquiries for the various products and services Development Group offers including customer follow-up and appropriate escalation when necessary.
- Must meet or exceed individual performance goals as developed and reviewed.
- Follow company policies and procedures to ensure service delivery adheres to established processes.
- Seek out opportunities to partner with and mentor less-experienced teammates within specialty, to share leading practices and help strengthen capabilities.
- Understand business challenges and problems facing customers.
- Complete required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame; maintain relevant certifications.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP Routing and Switching) required.
- 2-5 years minimum experience working as an Enterprise Network Engineer I or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency installing and configuring Cisco network hardware and software; including, but not limited to, the following products:
- Firepower or other Firewall tools
- Cisco DNA Center
- Cisco Switching Platforms
- Cisco Routing Platforms
- Cisco Meraki platforms
- Wireless LAN Controller
- Prime Infrastructure
- Identity Services Engine
- Connected Mobility Experience
- Web Security Appliance
- Proficiency installing and troubleshooting standard client OS, such as:
- Windows 7,8,10
- Computer science, information technology, engineering, or computer-related field beneficial, but not required.
- Strong documentation skills to be utilized for case management and knowledge capture.
- Proficient with computer systems such as Microsoft Office, word processing, Visio, email, usage of the internet, etc.,
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Possess a balanced hybrid skill-set which consistently delivers superior support for both technical and non-technical issues.
- Possess superior customer-focused skills which will produce success supporting customers of varying degrees of sophistication and computer literacy.
- Must be self-confident, possesses a strong work ethic, and be continually focused on improvement, innovation, and bottom-line results.
- Ability to excel under pressure while managing customer expectations.
- Understand the value of best practices and apply best practices and other tools to drive business results.
- Understand drivers of customer satisfaction and strive to improve customer experiences.
- Ability to negotiate positive outcomes for customers/company in conflict situations.
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment. There is minimal direct supervision so strong initiative is a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace which is English.
- Ability to get things done; able to exercise personal influence, resolve conflict, and bring about required behaviors.
- Must be organized and analytical with attention to detail and accuracy of work product; able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
- Ability to recognize own capabilities and take initiative to continually improve; ability to seek out feedback on self.
- Ability to perform administrative tasks (reports, expense reports, etc.).
- Must maintain professional demeanor in any given situation.
DGI offers excellent salary as well as employer medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance. We have a 401K program with a 3% match after the first year for full-time employees. Generous PTO. We invest in training for our employees.
We offer an excellent work environment with a collaborative office space. We love to have fun too! Horse shoe, Nerf wars and free drinks and snacks are some of the perks our employees love.