American Operations Corporation
Washington , DC 20001
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Designs computer and telecommunications networks
Understands how to read and interpret scopes of work, blueprints, and engineering drawings to apply to successful service delivery.
- Work with the engineering team Lead to support special projects including network equipment refresh, new site deployments, and new service offering rollout.
- Provide backup support as needed to Network Operations Team in support of emerging requirements.
- Design, plan, establish, and optimize networks and enterprise network architecture.
- Develop network infrastructures and make recommendations on systems enhancements for optimization.
- Lead and supervise teams.
- Provide technical assessment of requirements and definition from conception through implementation.
- Train and mentor other engineers.
- Design and validate link performance, quality and reliability.
- Use measuring and diagnostic tools to test and adjust equipment.
- Create manuals and support documentation.
- Optimize existing network by adjusting network parameters, adding/deleting of neighbors and recommending possible solutions to hardware problems.
- Review drawings and supporting documents to verify specific dimensioning, tolerances and adherence to organization or industry standard practices.
- Attends plan review meetings to review customer requirements.
- Performs related duties as required.
High School diploma is required; Undergraduate degree is preferred.
Thirteen (13) or more years experience in network communications industry is required.
DoD 8570 certification IAT-II with a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or equivalent is required.
- Possess an expert level experience in LAN technologies (switches, routers, wireless and firewalls) including centralized monitoring and management in large-scale, high-availability environments.
- Possess an expert level experience large scale LAN/WAN switching environments.
- Expert level in TCP/IP fundamentals.
- Expert level experience with Routing.
- Network survey/deployment/support experience required.
- Physical infrastructure experience required.
- Project lead / management / strong organizational skills are required.
- Working knowledge of computer hardware/software fundamentals, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Visio.
- Knowledge of wireless technology.
- Ability to interpret and perform tasks outlined in vendor documentation, technical specifications, and network practices, engineering letters and job aids.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure in stressful and demanding work environments.
- Must possess valid drivers license.
- Must be eligible for US Government SECRET level clearance
Competitive compensation package