Novice level of responsibility to facilitate and maintain a cyber security program on devices critical to the control and operation of a generating unit according to established guidelines and specific work tasks. Position shall complete assigned work tasks to manage local system administration activity in conjunction with Regional NERC Coordinator direction to ensure auditable and sustainable compliance with applicable NERC-CIP standards. The NERC-CIP System Specialist will primarily be the technical administrator to complete cyber security tasks in alignment with NERC-CIP requirements. Participate in corporate vulnerability management program. Perform impact analysis on Generation industrial control systems and processes.Principal Accountabilities:
1.Configure, administer, and maintain the following processes and programs for applicable control systems and cyber devices:
2.Network domain and device level logon account and password management.
3.Anti-virus and security patch testing and deployment.
4.Device and System backup and recovery measures and testing.
5.Change management documenting and testing.
6.Security management, event monitoring and reporting.
7.Asset disposal and redeployment.
8.Cyber Vulnerability scans and assessments.
9.Plant Network drawing management and maintenance.
10. Other responsibilities include the care and maintenance of critical cyber equipment within the plant. Examples of these include, but are not limited to:
11. Troubleshooting cyber systems, communication protocol, and hardware
12. Performing and testing system upgrades
13. Performing other project-related support activities as assigned.
14. Special considerations for strict documentation standards demonstrating plans, processes, and procedures must be maintained. Examples of these include, but are not limited to:
15. Maintaining system records and documenting plans and procedures
16. Archiving records for evidence
17. Pulling evidence records from devices and systems,
18. Coordinate, as needed, required and appropriate NERC-CIP training of employees with a thorough understanding of training elements.
19. Participate in implementing projects associated with new NERC-CIP standards and requirements; Assure safety of NERC-CIP compliance activities and develop and maintain business unit NERC CIP compliance program .
American Electic Power