Calvary Healing Center is a 68-bed treatment center for substance use disorders. Calvary offers around the clock nursing care for medical detox as well as a 30-day residential program based on the 12-steps of Alcoholics Anonymous.
In addition to individual and group counseling, patients attend daily lectures and adjuvant therapies such as the Japanese Friendship Garden, Equine Therapy, Auricular Acupuncture, Boot Camp and other activities. Calvary is a operated as a subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) is one of the nations largest and most respected health care management companies. Founded in 1978, UHS subsidiaries now have more than 65,000 employees and has facilities in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S.
Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom. Our success comes from a responsive management style and a service philosophy based on integrity, competence and compassion. The IOP Therapist plays a vital role as part of the Calvary team.
Residential Therapist works closely with IOP and PHP Therapists to coordinate care for our patients. Patients are under the care of an MD who specializes in addiction, a Nurse Practitioner and a Psychiatrist. There is a physician on site or on call 24/7.
We provide tuition reimbursement for full-time employees as well as leadership and professional growth opportunities. We are currently seeking Therapists to deliver quality care to patients with substance use disorders. The Therapist is to serve actively and constructively as a member of the multi-disciplinary treatment team, supporting the organization and program philosophy of care to ensure the safety and well-being of each patient.
1.Create and implement individualized treatment plan for patients in a timely manner. Treatment plan is consistent with the needs indicated in psycho-social history and appropriate assessments.
2.Consult with the intake department to determine if there are any referral sources that require communication with the therapist.
3.Verify that proper "Release of Information" is in place to allow for continuity of care between Calvary Center Inc., and patient's primary care physician, personal therapist, referral source, employer, family members and any other invested party.
4.Communicate clearly and effectively either through written correspondence or telephonically with family members and other invested parties.
5.Adhere to all applicable HIPAA and confidentiality laws. Inform patients of these laws as appropriate.
6.Inform patients and family of duty to warn and duty to protect obligations.
7.Counsel patients in one-on-one therapy in order to optimize their treatment experience by keeping them focused on treatment objectives and discharge planning.
8.Facilitate group therapy in a manner that optimizes peer experiences and input.
9.Create, update and present educational lectures to patients and family to provide pertinent information of the recovery process.
10. Participate in daily clinical flash meetings to effectively communicate daily updates and utilization progress to clinical team.
11. Participate in weekly case review of patients to discuss treatment progress and obtain peer input regarding treatment plan updates.
12. Create and maintain daily progress notes for each individual patient documenting daily activities and patient dialog in group and individual sessions utilizing a "NAP" format.
Complete clinical discharge summary no later than the day a patient is discharged.
14. Supervise student interns to provide a good understanding of the responsibilities of a therapist.
15. Maintain open and positive communication with all departments.
16. Protect client rights by providing treatment that promotes client dignity, independence, individuality, strengths and privacy.
17. Take personal responsibility to maintain personal Licensure requirements set forth by the Board of Behavioral Health Examiners.
18. Adhere to "Time and Attendance" policy.
19. Adhere to corporate safe work policies and practices.
20. Adhere to all Calvary and UHS corporate policies and procedures.
21. Maintain professional demeanor in dress, attitude, support of milieu and Calvary Center Inc. philosophy.
22. Effectively use the utilization management system of insurance to maximize treatment for patients.
23. Supervise all departments on the weekend to ensure proper communication among all departments.
24. Ensure transitions in levels of care are coordinated with all departments and properly documented.
25. Maintain contact with the administrator on call as required.
26. Communicate a written report summarizing weekend activities.
27. Perform other duties as assigned.
Universal Health Services