Job ID#: 22399BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: MQ-9 MCE Pilot
Job Category: Pilots
City: Las Vegas
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an MQ-9 UAV Pilot to join our Aircraft Systems division of GA-ASI, located at Creech AFB.This pilot will support customer requirements as a Mission Control Element (MCE) MQ-9 Pilot.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under general direction, this position is responsible for coordinating flight operation efforts including mission planning, execution and briefing, debriefing, aircrew resource management and ground and flight safety. Serves as Mission Control Element (MCE) Pilot-in-Command (PIC) of assigned Unmanned Air Vehicle(s) (UAV).
Coordinates and actively participates in flight operation efforts including mission planning, execution and briefing, debriefing, aircrew resource management and safety.
Defines, plans, organizes and executes complex flight profiles in a tactical environment in support of customer requirements.
Ensures compliance with service guidance, company policy and procedures.
Interacts directly with customer in the employment of aircraft on matters of importance to include the collection of data, tactical situation and overall mission.
May instruct UAV pilots in ground and flight operations to ensure certifications are maintained and serves as a subject matter expert.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
Typically requires education or formal training equivalent to the completion of a four-year technical degree or trade school equivalency and five or more years experience in UAV operation or aviation. Equivalent professional or military experience in UAV or aviation may be substituted in lieu of education.
Must demonstrate a detailed understanding of UAV and FAA principles, theories and concepts.
(1) FAA Pilot Certificate with a current instrument rating and ability to maintain instrument currency or DOD specialized aircraft system qualification;
(2) at least two thousand (2000) hours flight experience in a manned aircraft or UAV;
(3) ability to obtain and maintain a customer specific security clearance;
(4) excellent analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to accurately interface with all levels of employees and military and civilian customers, contractors and aircrew; and
(5) detailed knowledge of computer operations and applications. The ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? Yes
Clearance Level Top Secret (SCI access eligible)