VIEW JOBS11/16/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-14T00:00ABC Supply, the nation's largest distributor of exterior building products, is seeking a motivated, experienced CDL Delivery Driver to join its team. ABC Supply has been the recipient of the Gallup Great Workplace Award for 12 consecutive years and is proud to be an employee-first company.
If you are a licensed CDL Driver who is looking for a rewarding, local opportunity with an established company, we want to hear from you! In this role, you will ensure the safety of each delivery from the moment you leave the facility until you have completed each job. You will make both ground and rooftop deliveries.
Specific duties may include:
* Treating customers in a friendly and professional manner
* Conducting a safe work zone during each job site
* Adhering to assigned delivery schedule and following all job directives precisely
* Documenting every step of each delivery by taking and uploading photos with our camera phone system
* Providing warehouse support as needed
* Completing a thorough load check on your truck before leaving the branch, ensuring that all delivery materials are firmly secured and all parts of your truck are in compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations
* Working in cooperation with the Delivery Material Handler to determine where to set the materials and unloading them
* Completing and filing all logs and required government paperwork in a precise and timely manner
* Providing the customer with an invoice on completion of each delivery and collecting the entire due amount on COD deliveries
* This position does not require over the road travel
Specific qualifications include:
* Valid CDL – Class A
* The ability to lift 75-100 pounds repeatedly (your most common cargo will be 70 pound bundles of shingles)
* Ability and willingness to work on rooftops
* Pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens are required
* Semi tractor and trailer truck experience is preferred
* HazMat Endorsement required
Benefits may include:
* Health, dental, and vision coverage
* Employer paid life insurance
* Flex spending
* 401(k) with generous company match
* Paid time off
* Paid holidays
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace
VIEW JOBS11/16/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-14T00:00Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Join our Waste Management team, the industry leader since 1971. With over 41,000 proud employees, Waste Management has the largest trucking fleet in the waste industry - over 18,000 trucks, and leads in CNG advancement with the largest fleet of class 8 Natural Gas Vehicles in North America. We offer opportunities in 48 states, the District of Columbia, and Canada.
When you drive for Waste Management, you join a team of the best drivers in the nation - professional, well trained, and skilled. Our drivers work hard and drive safe. They know they are valued front-line team members who are the key in making Waste Management number one in the industry. They are rewarded with competitive pay, great benefits, opportunity for growth, and they are home at night and on the weekends.
I. Job Summary
Safely operates a heavy-duty truck to perform assigned duties on MRF recycling routes.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
* Operates vehicle in accordance with Occupational and Safety Health Act (OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements as well as all local, state and federal requirements and Company expectations for the Fleet; maintains a clean and safe vehicle.
* Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle using utilizing standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report); notes all issues on DVIR form for corrective review/repair.
* Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service calls to Route Manager or Dispatch before attempting service.
* Participates and cooperates in all scheduled training, briefings, and meetings as required by Route Manager.
* Works closely with Route Managers to improve route efficiencies and identify problem or unsafe accounts.
* Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch, assisting other company drivers as directed.
* Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
* Notifies Dispatch or Route Manager of issues as prescribed by Service Machine protocol, including blocked containers, potential missed pick-ups or problems that arise on the route.
* Communicates customer requests or issues to Dispatch or Route Manager.
* Completely dumps all containers and leaves the customer's location clean and free of debris.
* Completes and submits customer tickets when excess yardage must be removed.
* Positions containers on the customer's property in a manner that ensures lids are properly replaced, containers are set in an upright position, and containers do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
* Follows route assignments throughout the day and completes all documentation when checking-in at the end of the route.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
* Education: None required.
* Experience: One (1) years of previous relevant work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
* Must be at least 21 years of age
* Legally eligible to work in the United States.
* Successfully complete pre-employment DOT drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
* Hold a current Class A or B Commercial Driver's License with an air-brake endorsement.
* Mechanical skills sufficient to perform such routine tasks as replacement of becket pins, cable cuts and changes, equipment inspections and preventative maintenance.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
* Acceptable driving record required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
* Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than _ pounds frequently.
* Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to _ lbs.
* Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/GPS monitored vehicle.
* Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
I understand that applying to this job indicates that I have the legal right to work in the United States. I agree to perform physical duties of this position as outlined in the job with or without reasonable accommodations. I understand that if offered the position, I will be required to pass a drug screen.Waste ManagementMiamiFL
VIEW JOBS11/7/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-05T00:00POSITION SUMMARY:
Security ensures the highest possible level of service is being offered to residents, guests, and service providers. Security is responsible for meeting, greeting, and registering guests and residents, as well as maintaining the safety of the property. Security accurately maintains daily logs, records, and forms. They must be able to understand and react to emergency situations and operate electronic security control systems. Security reports to the Security Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Demonstrates excellent customer service, communication, and time management skills. Monitors and operates Electronic Security Control Systems and Emergency Response Systems. Responds to emergency situations in a timely manner. Monitors and controls access to the building. Accurately maintains daily logs, records and forms. Maintains a safe and secure environment throughout the building/property. Follows safety procedures and maintains a safe work environment. Works shifts that are subject to change based on property needs. Needs to read and understand The Continental Employee Handbook/Security Standard Operating Procedures.
OTHER JOB RELATED RESPONSIBILITIES:
Attends Security / Front Desk staff meetings May be assigned other duties by the on-site Community Association Manager.
OPERATING SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
High school diploma or equivalency required. College level courses in business or hospitality preferred.
Must possess strong customer service background. Two (2) to three (3) years of business experience in similar position preferred. Computer literacy: Command of information system hardware/software is required. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Multiple language fluency is desirable. Strong customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills required.
Ability to lift 30 -- 50 lbs; Work in an upright, standing, or sitting position for long periods of time; Handle, grasp, and lift objects and packages; Reach with hands and arms; Communicate, receive, and exchange ideas and information by means of the spoken and written word; Ability to quickly and easily navigate the building/property as required to meet the job functions; Complete all required forms; Ability to work extended hours and weekends based on building requirements; Ability to respond to emergencies and callouts in a timely manner;
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DISCLAIMER: This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. If you require a reasonable accommodation to perform any of your job duties, you should contact Human Resources.
Firstservice ResidentialMiami BeachFL