Mortgage Loan Admin I
Metrocity Bankshares, Inc.
Doraville , GA 30340
Posted 1 month ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Title: Mortgage Loan Administrator
FLSA Code: Non-Exempt
Reviews loan documents and initiates funding for loan closing
Performs booking of all new loans and creates new loan files
Monitors escrow accounts and initiates timely follow-up with agents and/or tax collectors
Makes insurance premiums and real estate tax payments from escrow accounts
Performs annual escrow analysis and mails statement and surplus refund checks
Monitors delinquent loans and prepares appropriate notices including demand letter
Monitors and records withdrawn and declined loans
Process paid off loans by preparing all necessary documents for recordation of Satisfaction of Deed and overpayment refund checks if any
Mails mortgage payment due notices and process payments
Scans loan documents including HUD, Note, Deed of Trust, Satisfaction of Deed, Title Policy, etc.
Reviews and pays state required recording fees and vendor fees
Prepares mortgage loan pipeline and board meeting reports
Performs other mortgage servicing activities to include, but not be limited to, account research, payment adjustments and various loan maintenance needs
Performs all duties in compliance with BSA/AML regulations and requirements
Obtains adequate data for CIP on all wire and money instrument transactions
Monitors and reports suspicious activity to the BSA Officer
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
- Collects and researches data.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service ; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Understands business implications of decisions; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition.
- Conserves organizational resources.
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Priorities and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
Education/Additional Training or Certifications:
- Associates degree with Accounting Major or equivalent work experience
- Software skills including Microsoft Office, Adobe, Internet, and Email
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
Ability to speak effectively before customers or employees of organization
Bilingual skills in reading writing and speaking
- English/Chinese, or English/Vietnamese
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
Metro City Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with regard to Females, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled Persons
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.