Mortgage Compliance Officer
Key Mortgage Services
Schaumburg , IL 60173
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Mortgage Compliance Officer is responsible for keeping abreast of new/changed mortgage laws, rules, products, technologies, and applications and assessing and communicating compliance implications for assigned areas.
- Participate in various business initiatives, identify potential compliance risks and collaborate on solutions.
- Recognize, document, and assess key risks, control environments and applicable consumer regulations.
- Design and conduct compliance monitoring activities for assigned area.
- Maintain thorough understanding of compliance risk of assigned area through ongoing advisory and monitoring activities.
- Contribute to the Compliance Annual Risk Assessment including gathering and analyzing Key Risk Indicator results, Management Control Assessment results, industry and regulatory emerging risk trends and the adequacy/strength of the control structure.
- Advise in the resolution of issues, including reviewing and approving corrective action plans ensuring root cause is addressed and remediation occurs as appropriate.
- Review policy and procedure changes to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and internal policies.
- Develop Compliance policy and guidelines.
- Participate in special projects and fulfill ad hoc requests as needed.
- Issue management, governance, oversight, and escalation for both Compliance-owned issues/corrective action plans and Business-owned issues/CAPs.
- Strong knowledge of mortgage regulations and origination processes.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to think critically and respond to the time-sensitive needs of the business.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to track multiple projects at once
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the mortgage industry.
- Minimum of 5 years recent management experience in compliance, audit or legal.
- 4 year degree required
- Attorney preferred
- Designation - CRCM preferred
Whether youre a loan officer, operations staff member, or another part of the Key Mortgage team, we care about the people we hire. As a local, independent, family-owned business, Key Mortgage feels like a big family because thats exactly what we are. Were behind you every step of the way in your career and are ready to help you boost your business in any way we can. Support starts day one, so you can focus on whats most important to you delivering the highest quality service to your customers.