Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Mortgage Banking Accounting Manager
Thousand Oaks , CA 91362
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Mortgage Company is seeking an experienced and talented Mortgage Banking Accounting Manager with a passion for rolling up his/her sleeves and getting things done, and to be part of our fast-paced and dynamic team.
This is a CONTRACT TO HIRE position. Reporting to the Controller, the responsibilities of the Mortgage Banking Accounting Manager are as follows:
- Oversee the accounting responsibilities of mortgage banking department, including accurate accounting of all activities of pipeline inventory, mortgage servicing rights, derivative positions and borrowings.
- Assist in ensuring the Mortgage Banking department’s accounting activities are in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Implement accounting procedures as new mortgage banking financial instruments are transacted.
- Responsible for the management of 3 employees in the mortgage banking department including staffing and scheduling, compensation, performance management, training and development.
- Ensure general ledger accounts for all cost centers within the mortgage banking department are balanced and reconciled in a timely manner, ensure any reconciling differences or discrepancies are researched and resolved within an appropriate time frame.
- Review general ledger journal entries including daily mortgage banking activity.
- Administer the timely monthly, quarterly and year-end financial close process for the Department.
- Prepare schedules and analyses, and provide support for financial audits.
- Document and identify opportunities for automation and efficiencies around processes.
- Prepare various schedules and analyses as assigned by Controller to ensure the accuracy of financial statements and aid in the understanding of various key financial statement line items.
- Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. CPA required.
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in Finance/Accounting role in the financial services industry, preferably in a supervisory/management role.
- Mortgage banking experience a plus. Knowledge of loans, mortgage servicing rights, derivatives and warehouse borrowings highly preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and ability to work with large datasets is a must. Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL a plus.
- Ability to work independently to drive a project to timely completion.
- Must be a team player with excellent organizational, analytical and time-management skills.
- Strong written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills a must.