Advanced Montessori Center
Wyandotte , MI 48192
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
As Directress, some of the exciting things that you will do includes, but are not limited to:
- Curriculum DevelopmentAMC is has a specialized Montessori program, so having some understanding of the Montessori technique is a plus; we will provide training, if need.
- Facilities ManagementChild care center Directress make sure that the center's physical facilities comply with local, state and federal laws and are a safe and appropriate environment for children. Directress have knowledge of local, state and federal laws regarding safety requirements and inspection and certification procedures, and ensure that the center complies with those requirements. The center Directress also evaluates and purchases equipment and supplies for the center or approves requests to purchase materials and equipment.
- Staffing ManagementThe center Directress manages this staff, developing job descriptions, interviewing candidates, maintaining staff development and education and, if necessary, managing disciplinary processes. Also, cover classes when required. The Directress ensures that all staff meet the requirements for their jobs. Child care Directress are also responsible for maintaining their own qualifications; most states require child care center Directress to complete continuing education courses each year, in addition to other requirements.
- Parental Communication and InvolvementThe Directress will develop policies for the school and communicates the policies to parents. Directress will meet with parents of prospective students to determine whether the school is a good fit for the family.
- Financial ResponsibilitiesThe Directress also develops the marketing plan for the center, developing public relations and advertising campaigns as necessary.
In order to be considered for this position, you must meet all state licensing requirements, including:
- Must be at least 21 years of age with a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have current certification in infant, child and adult CPR and first aid
- Must have at least 2 semester hours in Child Care Administration from an accredited college or university, or a minimum of 3.0 CEUs in Child Care Administration.
Must have one of the following:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Early Childhood Education or Child Development
- Bachelor's degree or higher with 18 credits in ECE, Child Development or Child related field with 1 year of teaching experience in a child care setting and 1 year of supervisory experience
- Associate's degree in ECE or Child Development with 1 year of teaching experience in a child care setting and 1 year of supervisory experience
- CDA with 18 semester hours in ECE or Child Development plus 1 year of teaching experience in a child care setting and 1 year of supervisory experience