Molding Process Senior Staff Engineer
PWW Recruiting, Llc.
Allentown , PA 18101
Posted 1 week ago
Provide Engineering support and project management skills toward the design, development, installation, startup, validation, and maintenance of products, processes, and equipment. Provide technical expertise within a specialty field(s). This position is responsible for process troubleshooting, running DOEs, ETRs, leading and assisting with projects, as well as performing product validations on injection molding and possibly extrusion production lines.
RESPONSIBILITIES: ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Research, develop, and prepare specifications for improvements to existing and/or new products, processes, equipment, and technology.
- Support projects by contributing to the development of project schedules, teams, tracking costs, preparing status reports, conducting team meetings, and communicating issues and progress to management.
- Prepare Request Capital Investments including project description, schedule, and costs.
- Supervise and direct contract personnel and outside vendors in the performance of contracted services.
- Provide leadership and guidance to subordinates within the Engineering organization.
- Provide direction and technical decision making for management involving capital asset purchases and expenses for projects and/or strategic initiatives involving up to $2MM (capital/expense/revenue potentials).
- Prepare and present technical investigative reports to middle level management.
- Moderate to high degree of both internal and external personnel interfaces.
- Preparation of specifications and protocols for the development, testing, and qualification of equipment, processes, and products.
- Communicate, both verbally and written, project activities to supervisor.
- Establish and integrate the use of CAD to efficiently and accurately produce needed parts, execute mold repairs.
- Design gages, fixtures, or other miscellaneous devices for manufacturing.
- Prepare in-house quotations and acquire vendor quotations.
- Assist in debugging the function and cycling of molds prior to releasing the mold to manufacturing.
- Work on reviewing / updating / creating SOPs for the departments on various functions to include: machine operation, work standards, external procedures and other areas as assigned.
- Support coordination of equipment installations within the plant. (Example molding equipment and machine tool equipment)
- Conduct DOE experiments on molding processes
EXPERTISE: KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PREFERRED: KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Bachelor of Science Plastic and Polymer Engineering
- Some experience with plastic part design.
- Some experience with injection mold design and working with outside vendors.
- Some knowledge of Mold Shop manufacturing processes to be able to apply them to existing and development projects.
- 2D AutoCAD and 3D SolidWorks software experience.
- CAD/CAM Software experience.
- Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc
Bachelor's degree (B.S. Engineering) from four-year college or university and 6-7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of 14 years of education and experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement.
Through its Sharing Expertise initiative promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Domestic travel with the possibility of occasional International travel.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled