SUMMARY: The Mobile OSC Specialist is the on-site member of the Logistics Team.
This person will provide logistical support to the Sales Reps as well as excellent customer service to the hospital staff that will differentiate Smith & Nephew from their competitors. The Mobile OSC Specialist will focus on product delivery, Central Processing check-in, re-stocking and maintaining inventory levels, and rebuilding instruments trays post-surgery. Quickly learning company products, operating systems and procedures is critical.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1.Communicates and coordinates pickup and delivery activity for local shipments with District Office and Sales Representative personnel. Plans, schedules, and prioritizes local pickups and deliveries with respect to time-sensitivity of each and distances to be traveled.
2.Makes pickups and deliveries to local hospitals, clinics, airport, bus station, post offices, and local vendors. Assures necessary paperwork is processed for shipments handled.
3.Checks instrumentation into Sterile Processing Department (SPD) for sterilization and delivers implants to appropriate holding area.
4.Re-sets instrument pans and works with SPD staff to locate any missing instrumentation post-surgery. Returns un-used implants from holding area to the OSC.
5.Records daily delivery information on a delivery log including mileage driven, number of stops, time per stop, fuel/maintenance purchases.
6.Develop and maintain working knowledge of existing products and new product introductions (instruments and implants) to effectively function in the field regarding proper delivery and pickups. Proactively identifies errors and omissions in deliveries/ pickups to eliminate redundancy in required stops.
7.Communicates effectively and professionally with Office Staff, Sales Representatives and all third party end-users, including but not limited to Hospital Receiving, Sterile Processing, and Operating Room Staff. Fields customer complaints and communicates them as necessary to OSC staff.
8.Dress in a professional manner as a representative of the company, this may entail wearing Smith and Nephew logoed apparel at the discretion of supervising manager
9.When not directly engaged in courier responsibilities assist in Office, Sales and OSC duties as required.
10. Delivers emergency shipments of loaner kits to the airport in order to meet flight and surgery schedules. This requires additional handling and coordination of shipments which may be consolidated with shipments from the Shipping department.
11. Assists OSC staff and Inventory Specialist in analyzing and deciding the best options for local delivery based on time, cost, and vehicle availability, with respect to multiple locations and extremely time-sensitive shipments.
12. Communicates with office staff and/or the sales force when changes from original flight plans become necessary due to weather, mechanical failure of the aircraft, or flight cancellations. Routes shipments via the most appropriate method and confirms updated delivery information such as flight number and departure and arrival times.
13. Carries cellular phone on person at all times in order to communicate effectively regarding pickups and deliveries.
14. Overtime / call will be required to accommodate emergency situations and facilitate changing surgical schedules.
15. Prepares and transports hazardous materials as required, including packaging and preparation of shipping documents. Also assists with hazardous material transportation training program.
16. Performs and/or schedules preventative and regular minor maintenance on company delivery vehicle, (fuel, fluid levels, tires, etc.), and keeps accurate maintenance records. Advises supervisor when repairs or extensive maintenance are required for the company vehicle.
17. Performs additional tasks as assigned by supervision.
18. Complies with all health, safety and environmental policies, procedures and job hazard analyses applicable to specified job activities; including medical evaluations as required by job function
19. Completes all required HSE training
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
An Associates Degree or equivalent relevant experience.
Candidate must have good oral and written communication skills and the ability to interface with customers and company personnel at all levels of the organization and with diverse groups.
Candidate must have driver's license and good driving record.
Smith & Nephew