Mobile Applications Architect
Wavicle Data Solutions
Knoxville , TN
Posted 2 weeks ago
Wavicle Data Solutions designs and delivers data and analytics solutions to reduce time, cost, and risk of companies data projects, improving the quality of their analytics and decisions now and into the future. As a privately-held consulting service organization with popular, name brand clients across multiple industries, Wavicle offers exciting opportunities for data scientists, solutions architects, developers, and consultants to jump right in and contribute to meaningful, innovative solutions.
Our 250+ local, nearshore and offshore consultants, data architects, cloud engineers, and developers build cost-effective, right-fit solutions leveraging our teams deep business acumen and knowledge of cutting-edge data and analytics technology and frameworks.
At Wavicle, youll find a challenging and rewarding work environment where we enjoy working as a team to exceed client expectations. Employees appreciate being part of something meaningful at Wavicle. Wavicle has been recognized by industry leaders as follows:
- Chicago Tribunes Top Workplaces
- Inc 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies in the US
- Crains Fast 50 fastest growing companies in the Chicago area
- Talend Expert Partner recognition
- Microsoft Gold Data Platform competency
About the Role
We are looking for a Mobile Applications Architect to lead the development of solution architecture for Apple iOS and/or Android mobile applications.
- Architect, design, and develop scalable, resilient and fast iOS and/or Android mobile applications
- Lead and participate in producing deliverables (including architecture, technical design, and code development) to high quality standards
- Perform the necessary leadership, analysis, and design tasks related to the development of mobile solution architecture
- Work closely with Product Management and development teams to satisfy business requirements for new features
- Take ownership of the solution architecture from end to end and be responsible for translating functional requirements into a mobile solution
- Act as a technical advisor to application development teams to plan, implement, and support new and existing mobile applications
- Recommend future architecture by applying solid understanding of emerging technologies
- Model behaviors that support the companys common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience developing complex mobile applications
- Expert knowledge of mobile application development using modern programming languages such as Objective-C, Swift, and Java
- Expert knowledge of UI design to make mobile applications visually appealing on mobile devices and tablets
- Experience with Git
- Experience integrating to RESTful APIs in a manner that is architecturally sound for mobile applications
- Experience with cache strategies, including local device caching and edge caching
- Demonstrable ability to use OS frameworks for multi-threading, data persistence, and adapting user interface across multiple screen sizes
- Familiarity with ad integration, cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Experience with Microsoft Visio preferred
- Ability to set and manage priorities
- Advanced strategic and critical thinking skills with a long-term perspective
- Ability to solve complex technical problems
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related degree.
- Prefer candidates that are local to the Knoxville, TN area OR offering relocation assistance to relocate to the area. Will consider candidates within 3 hours of Knoxville and open to travel every week to the client location.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Wavicle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
- College Tuition Benefit
- Bonus Program