Mixer/Compounder 2Nd Shift
Austin , TX 78753
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Compounder is responsible for manufacturing product batches according to formula procedures and operating processing equipment.
This applicant must have Mixing/Compounding experience, Forklift experience and be available to work over time hours and weekends. We are looking for someone who is ready to "hit the ground running".
North Austin, Howard Lane area
Pay Rate: $13.00 - $15.00/hr based on experience
Shift: 2:00 PM - 10:30 PM must be available to work over time and weekends
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as business demands.
- Wash, sanitize, and set up all necessary manufacturing equipment used in making of the chemical batches.
- Properly operate processing equipment (i.e., pumps, tanks, mixers, etc.)
- Adjust the speed of the mixer when necessary.
- Draw a sample of product and Take sample to lab to be tested.
- Initial batch sheets and sign tank cards to verify that the formulas/procedures were followed when compounding each product.
- Safely operate forklift to move pallets, drums, tanks around the department.
- Understand the full process of the Compounding Department.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Two years of work experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Two years of work experience in compounding
- Basic comfort with mechanical applications to become familiar with basic machine functions
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions
- Must read and follow written instructions and add and subtract simple fractions
- Ability to work in independently or in teams while maintaining a favorable working relationship with other company employees
- Regularly required to stand, stoop, kneel and/or crouch
- Capable to lift or move 50 lbs
- Occasionally required to climb or balance
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls: reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The work is performed in a warehouse environment. Workers are regularly exposed to dust, odors, noise and variable temperatures. The employee works with moving mechanical parts and machinery.
Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance and 401K! 6 Paid Holidays, PTO and Floating Holidays available!