L&L Metal Fabrication
Tontitown , AR 72770
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are looking for a skilled Millwright who has experience with industrial and construction equipment maintenance. Well rely on you to assemble, disassemble, maintain and install a number of industrial machines, which might take only a couple of days or as long as several weeks. Our company will also look to you when its time to take care of any machine parts that are defective or have outlived their usefulness. In return for your hard work and dedication, well do our best to provide you with an exciting work environment in which your professional skills are valued and rewarded with more-than-fair compensation. We operate a safe, clean facility and consider security and safety our top priorities, so we are looking for a professional whose values reflect our own. If you have experience working on industrial machinery, wed love to hear from you.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Replace defective parts of machine or adjust clearances and alignment of moving parts.
- Align machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, and plumb bobs.
- Connect power unit to machines or steam piping to equipment, and test unit to evaluate its mechanical operation.
- Repair and lubricate machines and equipment.
- Assemble and install equipment, using hand tools and power tools.
- Position steel beams to support bedplates of machines and equipment, using blueprints and schematic drawings, to determine work procedures.
- Signal crane operator to lower basic assembly units to bedplate and align unit to centerline.
- Insert shims, adjust tension on nuts and bolts, or position parts, using hand tools and measuring instruments, to set specified clearances between moving and stationary parts.
- Move machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks.
- Attach moving parts and subassemblies to basic assembly unit, using hand tools and power tools.
- Assemble machines, and bolt, weld, rivet, or otherwise fasten them to foundation or other structures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Lay out mounting holes, using measuring instruments, and drill holes with power drill.
- Bolt parts, such as side and deck plates, jaw plates, and journals, to basic assembly unit.
- Level bedplate and establish centerline, using straightedge, levels, and transit.
- High school diploma/GED required
- Journey Level millwright state certification required
- Extensive knowledge of industrial and construction equipment and machinery
- Efficient time-management skills
- Vision standards apply
- Coordinate the use of eyes, hands, and feet
- Maintain physical strength and stamina
- Lift and carry heavy objects 5-25 pounds frequently, 25-50 pounds often, 50-100 pounds occasionally
- Use arms, hands, and legs fully
- Push, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and climb
- Health, Dental and Vision after 60-days
- 40 Hours of paid vacation