Mid/Senior Level Engineer - Solid Waste
Limitless Talent Solutions
Bedford , TX 76022
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Who we are and what we are looking for
Whether its reducing methane emissions at agricultural facilities and landfills, repurposing contaminated properties, producing alternative energy, or sequestering carbon, weve been focused on finding smart climate solutions and improving the natural environment since our inception over 50 years ago. Join our 100% employee-owned firm and start creating your own legacy. This company is seeking a mid to senior level engineer in the Bedford, Texas or Houston, Texas office to perform various solid waste projects. The ideal candidate will be a quick learner and self-motivated, is eager to learn, embraces teamwork, and has the desire to grow and develop professionally. This position will involve managing projects, developing proposals and will also be directly involved with public and private clients in marketing, client management, project production, and related issues in the Texas market. Responsibilities include project management, business development, and staff training and development. Project responsibility will have a primary focus on solid waste management, including landfill gas, landfills and landfill infrastructure, composting, and other projects, which may require design, engineering, permitting, construction and/or operations support.
How you can make an impact as a Solid Waste Engineer
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering and scientific principles and practices in solid waste assignment areas and related fields.
- Prepares engineering calculations, drawings, reports, and permit applications.
- Makes decisions independently on engineering or scientific problems and methods, plans and coordinates work, and represents the company at meetings and conferences.
- Field work performed by high/driving in varied terrain and weather will be required, including but not limited to, surveys/data gathering, CQA liner installations, inspections, etc.
- Office based tasks including but not limited to: CAD drafting, mathematical calculations, report writing, creating site plans and facility diagrams, permit applications, etc.
- Business development including but not limited to: proposal preparation, meeting with clients, and attending industry related conferences/trade shows.
- Receives technical guidance on unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval on proposed plans or projects.
- Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or Geotechnical Engineering required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience such as working knowledge and demonstrated consulting experience, business specific to the solid waste industry, including landfill gas management, air compliance, and landfill design and permitting, etc. required.
- E.I.T. required and Texas P.E (civil) registration or ability to obtain within 6 months preferred.
- Competent with using MS Office and other computer software normally used in environmental consulting. Experience with using AutoCAD Civil 3D design software preferred.
- Valid driver's license with a driving record in good standing required.
As a growing firm, we offer excellent opportunities for career advancement and a competitive package, including:
- Medical, dental, vision, 401K, and employer-funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Student Debt Employer Contribution Program
- Paid holidays and PTO