KLM Careers Bedford , TX 76022
Posted 3 weeks ago
Mid/Senior Level Engineer - Solid Waste Bedford
Bedford or Houston, TXMust be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
Whether its reducing methane emissions at agricultural facilities and landfills, repurposing contaminated properties, producing alternative energy, or sequestering carbon, weve been focused on finding smart climate solutions and improving the natural environment since our inception over 50 years ago. Join our 100% employee-owned firm and start creating your own legacy. SCS Engineers is seeking a mid to senior level engineer in the Bedford, Texas or Houston, Texas office to perform various solid waste projects. The ideal candidate will be a quick learner and self-motivated, is eager to learn, embraces teamwork, and has the desire to grow and develop professionally. This position will involve managing projects, developing proposals and will also be directly involved with public and private clients in marketing, client management, project production, and related issues in the Texas market. Responsibilities include project management, business development, and staff training and development. Project responsibility will have a primary focus on solid waste management, including landfill gas, landfills and landfill infrastructure, composting, and other projects, which may require design, engineering, permitting, construction and/or operations support.
How you can make an impact as a Solid Waste Engineer
As a growing firm, we offer excellent opportunities for career advancement and a competitive package, including:
1. Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or Geotechnical Engineering required.
2. Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience such as working knowledge and demonstrated consulting experience, business specific to the solid waste industry, including landfill gas management, air compliance, and landfill design and permitting, etc. required.
3. E.I.T. required and Texas P.E (civil) registration or ability to obtain within 6 months preferred.
4. Competent with using MS Office and other computer software normally used in environmental consulting. Experience with using AutoCAD Civil 3D design software preferred.
5. Valid driver's license with a driving record in good standing required.
6. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.