Mid-Level Cable Technician
Input Staffing LLC
Fort George G Meade , MD 20755
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Input Staffing is looking for a Mid-LevelCable Technician for a new award with a great company at Ft. Meade, Maryland!
Our client is on the Hampton Roads Top 20 fastest growing companies list and focuses on the unique telecommunication challenges faced by the Federal Government and Department of Defense!
The Mid Cable Technician performs activities related to DISA and assisting with the design of structured cable plants, installation bills of materials ensuring full compliance with industry standard installation practices.
- Build and install racks
- Dress and terminate closet
- Label, pull, and terminate cable.
- Install support structures, including cable racks, j-hooks, innerduct, and other related structures
- Conduct thorough inspections of cable lines to ensure the system is working correctly
- Test and troubleshoot issues with network communication
- Perform maintenance on cable systems by installing, repairing, programming, and upgrading cable infrastructure
- Perform preventive maintenance and repairs by troubleshooting cabling system issues
- Working knowledge of TIA, EIA, BICSI, or NEC Standards; including installation, trouble shooting and service, and working knowledge of building codes, electrical codes, communication standards, and installation
- Familiar with industry tools and equipment
- Valid drivers license with a clean driving history
- Able to work at tall heights and lift 50+ pounds
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- High school diploma or equivalent and at least five years of experience
- Professional technician experience preferred
Clearance Level: TS/SCI