Middle School Operations Specialist - Bilingual
The Equity Project (Tep) Charter School
New York , NY 10033
Posted 4 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Why this job: Help shape the future of students in Washington Heights and Inwood by joining the operations team of The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, which has been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and on 60 Minutes for its radical investment in teachers and its outstanding results. Given The Equity Project's revolutionary model, this is an amazing opportunity for an individual who can effectively and enthusiastically maximize the operational efficiency for our Middle School as The Equity Project Charter School expands and transitions to a brand new state-of-the-art campus opening in the Summer of 2019. The Equity Project's Middle School serves 480 5th grade through 8th grade students.
Position overview: The Middle School Operations Specialist is a dynamic role that requires the expertise to manage extensive school operations. This individual will maximize the schools operational performance and customer experience, by managing and refining operational systems, executing short-term and long-term strategies, supervising operations staff, and supporting TEP's growth.
- Support Director of Operations in managing Operations Staff
- Support supervision of Front Office Team
- Support supervision of Facility & Security Personnel
- Oversee TEP Customer Service Culture
- Support training of front line staff
- Ensure welcoming, solution-oriented service for students, families, staff, & visitors
- Manage Administration of all NY State Assessments
- Coordinate all logistics of state testing
- Lead Student Recruitment & Enrollment for the Early Childhood Program
- Work alongside Director of Operations to oversee student outreach and recruitment for prospective students.
- Work alongside Director of Operations to manage annual lottery and all middle school enrollment processes
- Manage Data Systems
- Ensure that all student data is updated in TEP's Student Information System and ATS
- Manage School Facilities
- Coordinate all day-to-day campus maintenance and periodic facility upgrades
- Create systems to ensure the facility is properly supported during off hours
- Coordinate Student Transportation
- Manage relationship with DOE Office of Pupil Transportation (OPT)
- Coordinate all Middle School student transportation logistics (yellow bus, Sped busing and MetroCards)
- Manage Technology Support Vendors
- Interface with Tech Consulting Firm to support staff and student technology
- Manage Copier Vendor to ensure functioning machines
- Coordinate School Food Program
- Setup DOE school meals annually and ensure compliance with Department of Health
- Support the Kitchen Team in School Food Authority processes
- Ensure timely distribution of breakfast, lunch, and snack
- Plan & Manage School Events
- Work alongside Director of Operations to coordinate logistics of graduation, family events, concerts, and special events
- Manage all Field Trips Logistics
- Plan School Safety Protocol
- Develop school safety procedures.
- Implement drills according to DOE compliance.
- Minimum of 3+ years of demonstrated experience in a relevant role
- Working knowledge of school systems, preferred
- Growth mindset and interest in developing as an operations leader; ability to manage operational needs if/when the Director of Operations is unavailable
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Exhibits strong communication skills and writing ability
- Complete Spanish fluency
Accountability: The Middle School Operations Specialist reports directly to TEP's Director of Operations of Operations
Compensation: The Middle School Operations Specialist Bilingual, earns a competitive salary in the range of $70K to $80K based on the individuals experience level, with benefits including medical, dental, vision insurance, 403b retirement plan, STD, LTD and Life Insurance. The Director of Operations of Operations has approximately 6 weeks of vacation (which includes school vacation days).