Mid Level Vulnerability Scanning Specialist
Washington , DC 20001
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Level Vulnerability Scanning Specialist
|Location:||On client site in |
Lunarline seeks a Vulnerability Scanning Specialist to support a program that performs assessments on 4,000+ hosts on an annual, monthly, and ad-hoc basis.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with unique units IT personnel and conduct monthly and ad-hoc assessments in accordance with the clients policies and procedures.
- Use policies and templates in Tenable Security Center Continuous View (Nessus) to conduct assessments and generate reports.
- Prepare and send Basic Risk Reports using to individual units during scanning assessments.
- Prepare Residual Risk Reports for unit Executives after completing scanning assessments.
- Troubleshoot scanning issues by collaborating with clients and peers and using a combination of automated and manual processes.
- Maintain a record of systems scanned and reports sent in the government-provided SQL and Splunk databases.
- Document progress or scanning issues by keeping organized notes and sending weekly updates to the project manager.
- Perform other ad-hoc tasks, as needed (i.e., conducting emerging threat scans, writing and / or updating SOPs, analyzing data in Splunk, etc.).
- 1+ years of penetration testing or vulnerability scanning experience.
- Experience with Tenable Security Center Continuous View (Nessus) or other scanning tools.
- Experience with using PowerShell.
- Clear and effective communicator.
- Programming / application building / coding using PowerShell or other programming languages.
- Experience with database creation, maintenance, data loading, etc.
- Knowledge of report writing through Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services in creating required and ad-hoc reports.
- Experience with Windows and Linux systems, common vulnerabilities, patching, and remediation.
- Advanced writing skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- The following certifications (more than one is preferred): Lunarline, Inc. School of Cybersecurity Certified Expert certifications