Micros/Oracle Hospitality Implementation Manager Our client is looking for a full time Implementation Manager to work as a part of a support team in Washington, DC. This role requires 5-7 years of overall experience in an applicable role as an IT or POS Deployment Engineer or as an experienced user of the Simphony POS product or similar products. Candidates must have the ability to communicate effectively and build rapport with team members and clients. Candidate must be familiar with Micros technology before and after it was acquired by Oracle Hospitality. Preference is given to individuals which have the below skills and knowledge:
2 years or more experience working in the Hospitality Industry (Hotels and Restaurants)
Experience as user of POS systems such as but not limited to (Simphony 2.0, Simphony 1.0, MICROS 3700/8700/9700/e7)
Technical experience as it relates to installing Hardware and troubleshooting that Hardware
Knowledge of Cloud based software systems
Knowledge of 3rd party interfaces
Will provide support line services for customer interface, including answering customer support calls.
VIEW JOBS11/10/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-08T00:00Drive maximum adoption of Oracle solution and identify/drive product expansion opportunities via high value relationship with the client.
Work with a higher volume of smaller, less complex clients to develop long term partnership with our clients to ensure they remain successful by realizing the full value of their investment with us to ensure client continues/replenish/renews contract with Oracle. Responsible for maintaining a high level of client satisfaction by being a liaison between our clients and Oracle's internal operations. Identify product expansion/up sell opportunities.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. 3 to 5 years of professional experience. Demonstrated experience in implementation or client facing relationship experience. Understanding of various technical architectures and operating systems. Industry experience is desired.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
VIEW JOBS11/12/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-10T00:00Business Unit Description
AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization, with a membership of nearly 38 million that helps people turn their goals and dreams into 'Real Possibilities' by changing the way America defines aging. With staffed offices in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, AARP works to strengthen communities and promote the issues that matter most to families such as healthcare security, financial security and personal fulfillment. AARP also advocates for individuals in the marketplace by selecting products and services of high quality and value to carry the AARP name. As a trusted source for news and information, AARP produces the world's largest circulation magazine, AARP The Magazine and AARP Bulletin.
Integrated Communications and Marketing is a multimedia, service-focused communications and marketing operation that leads in shaping the impression of AARP by providing communications planning, marketing, support and execution for AARP's strategic business units.
The AARPx Implementation Project Manager oversees the full project management lifecycle, including the software development lifecycle for the implementation of highly complex and large-scale strategic business initiatives, while ensuring the AARPx vision principles are met.
Position responsibilities include:
Manage Proposed Projects, Pipeline and Portfolio: Work closely with the AARPx Design group to review project concepts, business cases, and understand the Project Management needs at each stage of the road map. Create high level charter documents to easily handoff to other Project Management resources, and maintain a dashboard of the project plans with executive level status including key milestones, metrics, dates and high level decisions.
Collaborate with technology teams: Work with Systems Achitects and other technology teams to develop solutions that meet the needs of the business as well as support the AARPx principles. Develop and establish policies, system monitoring, and controls to ensure the successful management and reporting of all corporate initiatives within the program.
Recommend and gain agreement on collaboration tools: Ensure effective tools are utilized for complex projects that fit the size and scope. These tools will give all stakeholders the ability to communicate effectively and immediately, and will allow documents to be housed and shared in one place, and allow status updates as needed.
Project Management: Supervise and lead large groups of stakeholders needed for enterprise-wide projects. Oversee the impacts and interdependence between teams and work to ensure initiatives meet the goals and objectives of the executive leadership team. Oversee and maintain overarching project plans that reflect milestones, schedules, key dates, progress against targets, and risks. Act as the one point of contact for project statuses. Facilitate executive reviews and updates as needed.
This position requires a College Degree and 5+ years' experience in Project Management. The candidate needs to be PMP certified and have a working knowledge of both Waterfall and Agile Methodologies. The candidate should have previous experience working with Systems Architects and other technology teams to develop solutions. This candidate should have superior organizational skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to understand and manage multiple projects at one time. Proven ability to work collaboratively with cross functional groups to move projects forward. The ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing at all levels is a requirement.
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AARP is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. AARP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
VIEW JOBS11/14/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-12T00:00Job Number: 1939577BR
Employment Type: Regular Part-Time
Job Category: Retail
Region: 045 : Mid-Atlantic
Address Line 1: 400 New Jersey Ave NW
State: District of Columbia
Zip Code: 20001
This team member will have primary responsibility for coordinating the inbound/outbound package activities of the in-center parcel management operation. This team member will be receiving, processing, staging and delivering all inbound and outbound packages from the venue/center utilizing an electronic last mile tracking system with limited supervision. This team member will regularly interface with all levels inside the venue and event customer's organizations. The team member must be proficient with a variety of computer systems and have the ability to meet the physical demands of the position. This team member is required to perform many functions within the center, including all functions performed by Center Consultant team members.
General Duties and Responsibilities
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
* Primary responsibility for coordination of all shipping related services and activities, include:
* Maintain log of all incoming and outgoing parcels, prepare parcels for pickup by delivery drivers, and sort incoming parcels
* Utilize proprietary software and equipment to execute necessary job functions. Responsible for mobile equipment assigned on a daily basis (where applicable)
* May pick-up and deliver customer packages throughout the hotel facility
* Provide customer service, including anticipating customer needs, suggesting alternatives and problem solving, and is able to satisfy those needs with a minimum amount of supervision
* Assemble parcels and prepare goods for shipping by wrapping items in insulation, inserting items into shipping containers, weighing packages, and affixing labels to parcels
* Utilize pallet jacks and other large package handling equipment (where applicable)
* Follow all Equipment Safety and Package Security guidelines
* Provide customer service by determining appropriate shipping methods, informing customers of company products, services, routes, and rates
* Ensure quality customer service is given to customers by providing packaging services, as well as offering information about company products and services
* Offer assistance to customers by suggesting appropriate shipping methods. Maintain inventory of shipping supplies
* Set priorities of customer requests
* Maintain high levels of customer service
* Use sound judgement to resolve customer service issues or refunds
* Employ investigative research for mis-labeled packages
* Troubleshoot routine equipment problems
* May provide leadership on assigned shifts and direct work of other team members
* Perform multiple tasks at the same time
* Follows instructions of supervisors and assists other team members in performing center functions
* Collate, sort and organize communications and other forms of information provided by customers and the venue
* Assist in the training of center team members
* Operate the point of sale terminal (POS) ensuring package handling fees are collected
* Perform daily close-out procedures on POS
* May assist team members in goal setting and skill development
* Performs administrative duties, including bidding, ordering supplies and inventory control
* May operate photocopy, binding and other business center equipment
* Take customer orders, give pricing information, perform consultative selling to customers, and explain the benefits of digital printing technology to customers
* May pick-up and deliver customer orders
* Follows copying protocol (copyright law, confidentiality, and careful handling of original documents)
* Prepares bank deposit slips
* Performs all other duties as needed or required
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
* High School Diploma or equivalent education required
* Minimum six months of related experience required (Warehouse and/or Hospitality Experience Preferred)
* Proven strong organization and planning skills
* Action oriented with skills and aptitude to excel in a customer-focused and results-driven environment
* High integrity individuals who present professional image through effective written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent team building and collaborative skills; ability to develop strong customer relationships
* Strong problem solving skills
* Ability to accurately translate and record information into electronic tracking system with 100% accuracy
* Proficiency with computer systems and ability to learn new software applications quickly.
* Ability to pass an OSHA certification for any equipment in center calling for such certification
* Ability to move 75 pounds unassisted
* Ability to maneuver packages of any weight above 75 pounds with appropriate equipment and/or assistance from another person
* Physical stamina to walk up to 10 miles per shift
* For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office's employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
* For current FedEx Office's team members, must have received a Meets Standard or above on last performance appraisal
* Ability to stand during entire shift, excluding meal and rest periods
* Ability to move and lift 75 pounds
* Ability, on a consistent basis, to bend/twist at the waist and knees
* Ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, partners, and other team members
* Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
* Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
* Ability to work with minimal supervision
* Ability to perform the General Duties and Responsibilities set forth above in a consistent and efficient manner
* Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
Quality Driven Management (QDM)
(Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.)
* Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
* Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility
* Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities
* Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All offers of employment made by FedEx Office are contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation and a pre-employment drug screen (which must be completed within 2 business days of any conditional offer of employment). The existence of a criminal record is not an automatic or absolute bar to employment and a candidate's criminal record will be considered individually based on factors such as the relationship between the job sought and the criminal offense, the timing of the offense, the nature of the offense, and any other relevant information. FedEx Office will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
America's Military Veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Office, please email us at HR.BrassRingHelp@FedEx.com.